Ounces

Options
Good morning fellow members,

This morning i have found myself a bit frustrated. I have been at this for about a week and a few days and I seem to be having some trouble with conversions of amounts. Please don't judge :embarassed:

But for example this morning....I am trying to log my lunch and I selected the ground turkey which i used and cooked. It allows me to select only 4 oz and then I can input how many servings of 4oz i had. The problem is my patty is only have 3 oz of meat and I am having 1 serving. So, how would i input that where I'm supposed to put how many servings since 4 oz is the only option?

I tried browsing google to see if i needed to convert it to a decimal but i am really lost here. And rather than guess I would like to actually know. Maybe there's a conversion website or something that I can use for reference....if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

Thanks ANYONE and EVERYONE :smile:

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    0.75 of a serving.
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    0.75 servings. Or find an option that you can put in servings of 1oz and put 3 servings.
  • YoYoSyndrome
    Options
    Hi -

What you can do is this, at least this is what I do: if it says 1 serving of 4 ounces - I enter .75 serving of 4 ounces. I come as close to the 4 ounce serving as I can. Try fooling around with the serving number i.e. .75, .80 and so on, it may not give you the exact number you're looking for but it will come close. Hope that helps!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    And this ladies and gentleman is why you should always pay attention in maths class in school. Because it IS relevant to real life :laugh:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    FYI, a serving of raw meat is 4 oz while cooked is 3 oz The difference is just the fluid lost during the cooking process so they have the same calories. So in that case you may actually want to go ahead and use that 4 oz serving to make sure your calories logged are correct.

But to answer your question...
    Instead of imputing it as 1 serving, imput it as 0.75 serving. Think of it this way, you're trying to figure out how much your serving fits "into" the standard serving. So 3 divided by (aka into) 4 is 0.75.
  • domsita2431
    Options
    Everyone is absolutely amazing! thank you for all of your answers.

I should have paid attention in math class but it was NEVER my subject lol and boy oh boy I have been rattling my brain...but thanks to everyone I can give it a rest :laugh:
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I convert to decimal. 3 ounces is 75% of 4 ounces.... so you ate .75 of 4 ounce turkey...
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything in grams first of all. They usually have both oz and grams on labels, but sometimes they don't. There are conversions online that are very easy. Just plug your own numbers in.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=oz+to+grams&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
  • domsita2431
    Options
    Ok, because I really want to understand mathematically how to come up with the answers rather than just be told....

If i had lets say 4 ounces out of 9, i would divide it and therefore would of had 0.45? I really do stink in math so I apologize.