Starting out on my way to losing 50-60 pounds

Options
Hi all. I am the mid-40s guy that spends much too much time behind a desk while stressing away over life and work. Sadly, I love food and I need to take a more scientific approach to trying to lose weight.

I need your help and support and I promise to provide the same to you!

My picture that you see is about 30 pounds ago. I am looking to be back in that outfit and looking the same in it as soon as possible.

Replies

• dtcortez
    dtcortez Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey
    I am a gal going to be 38 soon. I am trying to lose 70lbs. So far I've lost 15-20lbs since the middle of January. I have type 2 diabetes and for a lon time I was 245lbs. September of last year till January I did loose 10lbs not doing a thing but jus not eating much. So my doctor told me I needed to start exercising because my sugars were too high. So since January I've been on a diet and exercising. You could add me as a friend if you like.:smile:
  • TLocke1
    TLocke1 Posts: 5
    Options
    That is awesome that you know what you need to do! What kind of working out are you doing with it eating better?
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    girl i am n the same boat as u i turn 40 Sat.:sad: :sad: and i to have around 50 pounds to lose, and like u i sit behind a desk all day , feel free to add me i will help u anyway i can
  • efalthzik
    Options
    I have done P90X a few times but I am beginning to really get a bit bored with it. Right now I am starting running and have been walking distances on my treadmill. I am now thinking about buying Insanity from BeachBody to see if that can give me the shock and kick start that I need to move forward.

I am going to Europe in June and I would really like to be about 20 pounds lighter before I get on the plane.
  • dtcortez
    dtcortez Posts: 14
    Options
    hey,
    I have the beach body thigh trimmer with Tony and the turbo jam video also. They are both pretty good. I still have to try to keep up with them.
  • efalthzik
    Options
    Keeping up is the tough part and not getting bored with them is the other. I keep seeing the pictures of those that are doing Insanity and I keep thinking that I can survive that for 60 days. I think.
  • mccoerter
    Options
    I can relate I am 37 almost 38 pre-diabetic and need to loose about 90 lbs. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when I was pregnant, which I was over weight pre prego. I did great while pregnant and up until about 9 months after. I have pretty much gained all my weight back and have been yo -yoing for the last year and half. I am a desk sitter also. But I have been using this site and riding a bike and for the first time since my pregnancy it is helping and I feel on track. The support is nice.
  • FutureMsFit
    FutureMsFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Insanity is hard, but it's worth it. I have been doing it for two weeks...I am VERY overweight. In two weeks, I lost 11 3/4" and 7.4 lbs. You will lose more inches than pounds, inches make a healthier you. Weight will follow. Drink lots of water, snatch up Insanity, I would also take a few and look at youtube, they have some clips of Insanity on there ;)

80% healthy eating, 20% exercise is the key...you can get Michi's ladder online and that will help you pick better foods :)
  • shan2coniglio
    Options
    I found Insanity to be very repetitive even more so than P90X. I try to mix up which workout I'm doing since I seem to become very bored with circuit training very quickly.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi..I am ALMOST 40 and have around 55 more pounds to lose, I have lost around 56 I think. Add me for support and advice, I get loads from my local ymca. There is a dietician/nutritionist on hand, and several personal trainers, so if I can be of any assistance. Add me! :flowerforyou:
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    girl i am n the same boat as u i turn 40 Sat.:sad: :sad: and i to have around 50 pounds to lose, and like u i sit behind a desk all day , feel free to add me i will help u anyway i can

I turn 40 in June and have a little over 50 more to lose.. wow.. so close!
  • efalthzik
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I really appreciate the guidance.
  • jollygrover
    jollygrover Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried Beach Body.. but its too tough to handle atleast for me... after 4 days of struggle my body was sore for whole 1 week... its totally insane.. couldn't continue though.....

But I am pretty sure if you struggle hard and continue on it no matter what results will be there... But I wasn't that strong... lolzzzz... I started with Jillian Michaels 30 Days Shred....its been a week now.. its tough but not Insane..lolzzzzz... lets hope to continue this... :)
  • efalthzik
    Options
    Good luck with the Jillian Michaels thing. I hope it works out for you. I am sure you can do it.