FT60 Users... Help!

Options
xilka
xilka Posts: 308 Member
I just got mine two days ago, so batteries can't be the problem.

I wear it tight. Super tight.

I get the sensors wet. Drenched. Totally saturated.

But every GD time I go into plank position, or do anything on the floor,
it reads 00 and tells me to check it. It was really a pain in the butt.

Ruined my workout because of all the fidgeting and faffing.

Any advice?

Replies

• FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It does that sometimes. If you just leave it and give it a minute to adjust to your position it usually comes good
  • jules3point3
    jules3point3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Is it up high enough? Your sports bra should cover it completely. That is the only thing I can think of to explain why it isn't reading properly. I don't even have to wet mine in order for it to pick up my heart beat. If that isn't it, then I'd exchange it for a new one. Good luck!
  • amylite
    amylite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    mine was a battery connection problem. on the second day it quit reading. I had to open the transmitter, readjust the battery, and its worked fine every since. Hubby's transmitter battery was dead on arrival.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Do you have the plastic electrode or the older fabric strap?

I just bought a FT40 - not even a month old, I changed the batteries and it STOPS working. I did contact Polar, they told me to LEAVE THE BATTERY OFF THE TRANSMITTER for 5-10 min to "reset" the transmitter.

Try that first.

If that fails, CONTACT POLAR.

I did because mine FAILED again, mid-workout. I had to tighten the strap so much it cut into me & would flip over if I bent over even the slightest. I am using an Old Fabric electrode strap but it's not "reading" correctly and often won't go above the 125/130 mark.

When I explained what was going on, they said it's "probably a battery contact issue inside the transmitter'

Polar is sending me a new H1 transmiiter.
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used the FT60 for 7 months. In the last ones always happened that problem. I tested with the FT-1 sensor and that problem doesn't show up. It's weird!

P.S I changed to a Garmin's watch. It was the best thing than i did... sorry to you hear that :/