My fastest mile!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
Today I ran as much as I could (training for a 1k this Sunday) and I ended up walking/running a mile in 12 minutes! I ran 0.44 miles of it, 5 minutes was warm up and then the rest was walking in between running.

Replies

• KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Very cool! CONGRATS!!!! Before you know it you will be running farther and farther...keep up the tremendous work!

(I have never heard of a 1K before, is it for a charity of some sort? What a cool way to start out! I run 5K's all the time and am getting ready for a 1/2 marathon this fall... I started out EXACTLY at the same pace as you about a year ago!!!)
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :drinker: That is a great accomplishment!! Keep building yourself up & you will be running a mile with ease before you know it!
  • sbarham
    sbarham Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • aippolito1
    Options
    Kiri - Nope, I just knew I couldn't do a 5k and wanted to do a race so badly!! I could easily do a 5k walking but I want my first race to be a RUN so I signed up for the 1k. It's non-competitive but I get a t-shirt and official racing bib so I'll be happy either way!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    thats pretty good
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    that's so awesome! my endurance is still really low when it comes to running, and for the time being my ultimate fitness goal is to run a mile in 10 mins--something i've never been able to do a day in my life. i've been walking on the treadmill to build my endurance, and so far i've been able to just walk a mile in 15:05 at 4.0. i got energetic the other day and walked at 4 and ran at 6 for every other minute. i think i was able to run at 6.0 for a total of five mins...so that's half way there! :) i wish you all the best of luck in the world for Sunday. we all know you can do it!
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    Just imagine what you could do if you ran the whole thing!

Honestly, your mind gives out WAY before your body ever will. Try setting out to run a mile, and just keep running for the whole thing, even if it's not a sprint. Just see where you get. You'll be amazed.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Kiri - Nope, I just knew I couldn't do a 5k and wanted to do a race so badly!! I could easily do a 5k walking but I want my first race to be a RUN so I signed up for the 1k. It's non-competitive but I get a t-shirt and official racing bib so I'll be happy either way!

Tee hee! Sooo exciting! Post a picture and keep us updated! We will be thinking of you Sunday!!!!!!!!! You will feel so proud and amazing when you cross that finish line. GO GET IT GIRL!
  • aippolito1
    Options
    Just imagine what you could do if you ran the whole thing!

Honestly, your mind gives out WAY before your body ever will. Try setting out to run a mile, and just keep running for the whole thing, even if it's not a sprint. Just see where you get. You'll be amazed.

That's what I did. I tried going slower at first to see if I could run for a longer time but it killed my shins - I stretched before and normally don't have pain in my shins when I go faster - and when I stopped was when I literally couldn't catch my breath, so I don't think I could really run a mile yet.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    1k race or 1 mile race? 1k is just over a half a mile.

Either way - best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Arielle, you are gonna kill it on Sunday...got faith in ya girl!!! You are gonna have so much adrenaline running thru your body that you probably won't even know what's happening until it's over....Good luck, be safe!!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Great JOB so far and good luck!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good work!! Keep it up!
  • aippolito1
    Options

1k. It's 0.62 and I ran 0.44 this morning. I think I said that in my post. It was either 1k or 5k and I wanted to do a race so badly, I decided to just do 1k and see if I could run the whole thing and am hoping I'll be ready to run the full 5k on Halloween.
  • aippolito1
    Options

1k. It's 0.62 and I ran 0.44 this morning. I think I said that in my post. It was either 1k or 5k and I wanted to do a race so badly, I decided to just do 1k and see if I could run the whole thing and am hoping I'll be ready to run the full 5k on Halloween.
  • aippolito1
    Options
    This morning, I'm pretty sure I ran a total of 0.58! I'm almost to 0.62! I am definitely going to kill it Sunday. :happy: I CAN'T WAIT, I'M SO EXCITED!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!