Looking for some motivation after having a baby!

Options
Hey everyone,

I am 23, happily married and had our first son Reece in September, 2012. He is now 7 months old and Im pretty sure Im out of the grace period of being a slob after having a baby :( I have always been a very emotional stress eater and with my husband working out of town for 3 weeks out of the month, I find myself under alot of stress and eating alot of cheap, crappy fast food. I am SO ready to get my butt into shape and be the healthy, fit mother and role model I want to be for my son. I would love to connect with some of you going through something similar, or just looking for someone to chat with while we go through this :)

I am looking to lose 45 pounds!

Replies

• cash6675
    cash6675 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi! I have a pregnant wife at the moment and work third shift. I have gained right along with her as if I was having a baby. Friend me if you like.
  • whozurdaddy101
    Options
    FR sent! We are both looking to lose similar amounts of weight!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.. I have two children and around the same age!
  • hbsmith52
    Options
    Took me a real long time to get motivated to exercise after my daughter...3 yrs ! You are so lucky to want to do it now! Jump on it while you have to motivation!
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    I have a 3.5yr old, 2yr old and a 2mth old. I gained 65lb with my first pregnancy and have held the weight since. I've got about 35 to go. Sending fr!
  • chinadoll22xo
    chinadoll22xo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    im goin thru the same thing!! iv lost 18 pnds thanks to my fitness pal but before my fitness pal i was on a couple of other diets everybody is diff when it comes to losing weight some r slower some r faster for me it has been a long process and very emotional. i use to 110 pnds before i got prego now currently 139 thanks to my fitness pal but when i gave birth i was close to 200 pounds!!! but dont look at celebs who lost weight thats a bunch of bull they have the money to get surgery and have personal chefs and nannies etc, so dont compare urself to them either or anyone else just make a goal for urslef buy clothes u use to wear before u got prego thats been helping me and of course ur gonnna get off track now and then its perfectly normal u learn thru it and get thru it!!!! hope this helps
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out the post-partum pack: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/656-post-partum-pack

Enjoy!
  • J3ss1caD
    J3ss1caD Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother to a 6yr old and an 8 month old. I got up to 170lbs with this last pregnancy and have lost ALL the extra weight and a few extra :)

I'd love to motivate you along your journey. Friend request me if you'd like.
  • chrissyblue79
    Options
    My baby is 14 months old. While pregnant with him I had gestational diebetes and had to watch my carbs. I also exercised while pregnat to keep my blood sugar low. I started to lose weight during my pregnancy because of this life change. Even though I no longer have diebetes it changed the way I eat till this day. Before geting pregnant I weighed 142lb, 165lb the day I delivered, and 8 weeks after I was down to 140lb. I did this just by watching my carbs and riding an exercise bike for 30 min a day,thats it.( I didnt start back exercising till my baby was about 10months old) Iam 5'2 and currently weigh 135lb. My goal is to lose 10lb. I also want to mention that my baby is my 5th child. I also home school my four oldest,so if I can make time to exercise,i believe anybody can! Set small goals,learn to put yourself first(it can be hard when you have kids),and your on your way.:flowerforyou: