Any runners out there?!

Options
13»

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I've been running for a couple years now. I've done races from 5ks to half marathons and have several races planned this year. Anyone can add me.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yes! :) feel free to add.
  • Marlene_33
    Marlene_33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon in January, have a couple 5k's coming up and another half marathon in September. Never thought I enjoy running, but I'm loving it!
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am becoming a runner as well did a 5k in Feb and a 10k a last week. thinking of starting to train for a half marathon feel free to add me
  • N4monsters
    N4monsters Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I LOVE running! Always looking for more running friends too :-)
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 7 of c25k, can I call myself a runner yet? ^_^

Running has taught me so much about myself. It was my gateway to fitness. I don't ever plan on stopping so long as my legs can move.

I'm registered for 2 5k's this spring!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out. I am in week 3 of C25K. I have a 5K next week (walking this one) and then a 10K in July. I just bought my first real running shoes in my life and I am really looking forward to hopping on the treadmill tonight and kicking on the tunes to try 'em out. I have always hated running.. big breasted, and lower back troubles since I was 15, the doctors told me don't run because of those issues. A good sports bra (or two) and a slow/steady pace and I am now ready! I actually ran last night not because it was a C25K day (it wasn't).. not because I needed my daily cardio/exercise (I did that before work), but because I just WANTED to go run! :)
  • sum1serin
    sum1serin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I run and I love it. Currently on a hiatus while I'm recovering from a stress fracture of my left foot.. bummer. Never thought I'd enjoy running but I do. Hate that my method of stress relief is currently taken away from me. lol
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Love love love running in Philly, Kelly Drive, Fairmount Park, ahhhh brings back some great memories. Look into a running club.
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been known to do some running...

Yo u don't say lol I see you profile picture is of you g a finish line haha
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    Options

For sure, this is a great group!
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    Options
    Lot's of great advice here guys. Thanks!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I run.... can't say I love it. I run so I can eat more and I do love the feeling of crossing the finish line of a half marathon! :happy:

Wow! That's a lot of dedication considering you don't love running. :noway:
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    Options
    I run.... can't say I love it. I run so I can eat more and I do love the feeling of crossing the finish line of a half marathon! :happy:

Wow! That's a lot of dedication considering you don't love running. :noway:

I totally agree!
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I run and I love it....once I'm done! LOL! I'm not fast but I'm working on that. And my first 5k is next sunday!!! Can't wait :) I'd love some more runner friends on here!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Don't run as often as some because of lack of guides but..I try to run 2-3 times a week!
  • Sneaky__B
    Sneaky__B Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner. Started about 4 years ago. Have done several half marathons & two marathons. I don't LOVE it, but I do love how I feel when I'm done... and I love the calorie burn! I'm doing another half in May and then I am doing one Half a month for 12 months. I find I need to be signed up for a race in order to continue training.... keeps me accountable. Good luck with your training!