Nae bad hot wings

Options
pennydreadful270
pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
In my part of the world, "not bad" can mean everything from "hmm, could be worse I guess" to "hey, these are much better than expected!". I'll leave you to judge where on that scale you fall.

I taught myself to make baked buffalo wings fairly well (I've never deep fried anything in my life so I wouldn't even start with that) and I make them once every month or so for me and the bf. It's one of our favourites and wings are so ridiculously cheap to buy as well.

Last night I decided it would be wings night and he was really excited, but I wasn't so much. I didn't want to blow the lid on my calories. So I thought I would try pulling off the skin and adding a little bit of sweetness to my flour mix instead. It was still really tasty. Here's the recipe, feel free to reply with any tips you have for wings, I'd be glad to hear them. :D

1 portion:

5 whole wings
35ml franks hot sauce
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp sugar/stevia
pinch each paprika, cayenne, salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder (or whatever you fancy)

Place chicken on baking tray, cook at 180C for 20 mins. Take it out and off tray till cool enough to pull skin off. (or use a knife but hands is much easier, but you will get covered in grease and also realise how many calories you are removing!)
Dab dry with kitchen roll. Combine dry ingredients. Dust with flour mixture. Replace on tray and back in oven for another 20 mins.

Combine hot sauce and butter, microwave for 30 secs, stir, then another 30 secs. (you may need to edit sauce quantities a little to taste, I eyeballed the hot sauce so I'm not totally sure it's right. I was more concerned about the butter.)

Wings in bowl, drizzle sauce on top. Serve with a mountain of celery, some baked sweet potato wedges and a couple tablespoons of light sour cream and chive dip. OMNOMNOM

Worked it out in MFP as 415 calories for the wings. But I am not totally sure of this because the entries for wings vary so much! :/ What do you reckon?

Replies

• nofear01
    nofear01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I reckon eat them on your treat day and leave the skin on. I love home made wings!!!