Does it count as water

Options
bnorris2013
bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
I use Wylers Pink Lemonade its sugar free kinda like Crystal Light but totally taste better

Anyways just wondering if that counts as your water intake

Replies

• jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yes, all fluids count. Just log the calories if there are any.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any 0-calorie beverage counts as water, but be sure to drink water too. Nothing hydrates as well as good ol' water.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My dietician does say that it counts as water but she strongly recommends limiting the amount of the artificially sweetened beverages. I try to limit myself to around 12 oz or less per day. I don't count that towards my fluid intake. I drink a minimum of 64oz of water a day.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ok I guess I will cut back on that some then
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light, but I dilute it. I use a 24-ounce water bottle and add 1 individual packet that's portioned to go in a 16 ounce bottle. It's 3 cups of water and 10 calories, and I limit myself to 1 or 2 packets of the powder per day. Sometimes I just don't feel like drinking the plain water. :wink: Diluting the powder makes the water flavored, but with less chemicals per fluid ounce, so it's marginally better. I do the same thing when making a pitcher of it for my husband: a 2-quart packet in 3 quarts of water.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Also, a side effect of the artificial sweeteners can be an increased appetite. That is no fun when you are trying to keep your caloric intake at a certain level.
  • pvtnick
    pvtnick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to jump on anything sugar free or fat free but these don't equate to calorie free. Take a look at the calorie counts and see how they stack up and how well they fit in with your goals. And yea nothing beats plain water. When I first started I hated drinking water so i used to pour a small glass of water and just chug it a couple times a day. Sounds weird but it meant I was at least drinking water instead of carrying around a bottle all day.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Yes, all fluids count. Just log the calories if there are any.

Yep.
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Water is pure. Likely your drink is sweetened with artificial sugar or has sodium added. That's not water.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    It hydrates the body. It counts. Just make sure to log any cals.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Also, a side effect of the artificial sweeteners can be an increased appetite. That is no fun when you are trying to keep your caloric intake at a certain level.

artificial sweeteners make me so very hungry!! They also can give me some muscle stiffness. I still have some here & there, but I mostly avoid them now. Not worth it! :/
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I count it as water along with my morning cups of coffee.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just eat the flavor packet separately and drink your water.

Kidding.

Count it.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I use mio 0 cals 0 everything
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    *SMASHING FACE ON DESK REPEATEDLY*
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    What is so difficult about drinking water? Like, just water? Plain, simple H20?
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I use Wylers Pink Lemonade its sugar free kinda like Crystal Light but totally taste better

Anyways just wondering if that counts as your water intake

ok ok you CAN count it as water because it IS fluids, but think about this point: the chemicals in those drinks de-hydrate you and the point of drinking water is to hydrate you. It's sort of counter-productive.
    I knew a girl who went into the hospital because she didn't drink water, only things like soda and crystal light. Sure it has water In it, but it's not water.
    I don't even count the water in my green tea as water because it's got TEA in it. caffeine = dehydration.

I get that it's hard for people to drink water and that they think it's gross and boring, but your body needs it.

just chug your 8 cups a day and carry on :) You'll feel much better.
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    *SMASHING FACE ON DESK REPEATEDLY*

Seriously. People are nuts.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    be careful about consuming artificial sugar, as it makes you crave sugar more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!