Rant #2

sweetbn
sweetbn Posts: 318
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
A while back I posted a topic ranting about a coworker of mine. Just need to share again!

CW: I'm starting 2-a-days tomorrow.
ME: Cool. I did that last week. Too tired this week though, just once daily for me.
CW: No, I mean, I am starting to do 2 a days TOMORROW.
ME: Yeah, that is good. I did them last week really seemed to help.
CW: NO, I am starting TWO-a-days tomorrow. Meaning that I am going to work out twice a day.
ME: ...... Yes ....... I did that last week.......
CW: No, I mean, I am going to work out in the morning AND at night.
ME: (At this point I am unsure what to say) ........ Yeah........ I did that last week..... was good.............
CW: No, Running isn't working out. I am working out twice.
ME: (Wondering why I am being insulted) Um, ......... running is DEFINITELY a workout..........
CW: No. Running is easy. Not a workout at all. I'm going to the gym to workout twice a day.

So, at this point I am fuming that 1) he can't appreciate I've been working out pretty hard 2) wants to aparently be the only one who works out in the morning and afternoon, and 3) has completely dogged running as a workout at all (my exercise of choice).

Anyywayyyy just wanted to rant. Some people in this world.

Replies

• :devil: what the heck is he doing at the gym that he thinks is so much of a workout and running isnt! running IS a freaking workout!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh how frustrating for you! As I'm sure I don't have to tell you, you'd be hard pressed to find an exercise with more (ok perhaps different but not more) benefits than the good old run!!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Nobody better ever tell me that running is not working out!! (especially today - I am in a mood!!) But running is a work out = the days that I run are harder than the days at the gym! You'r right "some people"!!!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    OH my God. I've been running in the morning and doing my strength routine at night, then walking afterward 3x/week for a couple weeks now... seriously? It's not a work out? Omgod.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    1- running is a work out
    2- what did he not understand about you saying that you understood about 2-a-days....is his skull that thick?
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    What a douche! Maybe when he is at the gym he should get his head out of his rear end and look at all the people RUNNING on treadmills!
  • What a goofball. Running is not easy. Especially in 100 degree weather. It's a workout for sure.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    :laugh: :happy: You guys make me laugh. I was wondering what the heck he was thinking... at least I am not the only one. :smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Simple solution: invite him to come for a run with you. Pick an extra hot and humid day and hilly terrain.:wink:

That'll learn him.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    :flowerforyou: Oh so many responses to his 'two a days"............but I shall hold my tongue.

He is an idiot. Period.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    :flowerforyou: Oh so many responses to his 'two a days"............but I shall hold my tongue.

He is an idiot. Period.

Oh my goodness sooooo agree...I loved the way you said it. I would have been like excuse me but unless you have been living under a rock then you see people slaving over on treadmills, outside, running 5, 10Ks, etc. Since its so easy then lets have a run together and see who is in more shape since clearly my 2 adays aren't good enough for yours. :explode:
  • Sounds like a bouche dag about the running etc, but if I could play devils advocate here, IMHO that conversation was a downwards spiral from the beginning.. Perhaps the conversation could have gone more like this:

ME: Cool. I did that last week. Too tired this week though, just once daily for me.
    ME: What are you going to be doing ?
    CW:

I know this is only a summary transcript, but sometimes, people don't always respond with an interest in what the original person said and it just gets going on the wrong foot.
    I'm just saying.
    Perhaps he was after some supportiveness too and for you to show somewhat in an interested in what he said. It's OK to talk about yourself, but when you talk about yourself and show zero interest in what the other person said, that's frustrating.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    A while back I posted a topic ranting about a coworker of mine. Just need to share again!

CW: No, I mean, I am starting to do 2 a days TOMORROW.
    ME: Yeah, that is good. I did them last week really seemed to help.
    CW: NO, I am starting TWO-a-days tomorrow. Meaning that I am going to work out twice a day.
    ME: ...... Yes ....... I did that last week.......
    CW: No, I mean, I am going to work out in the morning AND at night.
    ME: (At this point I am unsure what to say) ........ Yeah........ I did that last week..... was good.............
    CW: No, Running isn't working out. I am working out twice.
    ME: (Wondering why I am being insulted) Um, ......... running is DEFINITELY a workout..........
    CW: No. Running is easy. Not a workout at all. I'm going to the gym to workout twice a day.

So, at this point I am fuming that 1) he can't appreciate I've been working out pretty hard 2) wants to aparently be the only one who works out in the morning and afternoon, and 3) has completely dogged running as a workout at all (my exercise of choice).

Anyywayyyy just wanted to rant. Some people in this world.

He needs a kick up the butt (with spikes on!!!) He sounds like one of those people who think they are better than everybody else.

Don't feel insulted by him, he doesn't sound to me as if he is training correctly anyhow. Does he not warm up or do any aerobic stuff at all? If he did, I am sure he would not pooh-pooh your own training as he would be aware that running is indeed a workout.

Challenge him to a 5k or something, then thrash his sorry *kitten*!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    What a douche! Maybe when he is at the gym he should get his head out of his rear end and look at all the people RUNNING on treadmills!

I can't help it, this made my day! LOL!
  • HayesSanborn
    HayesSanborn Posts: 34 Member
    You should have said 'picking stuff up' isn't a workout :-)
This discussion has been closed.