Body by Vi or Ideal Protein??

Options
Anyone tried either of these? Are they just another "fad" or is there actually some benfits to them? Or is it one of these lose weight fast gimmicks and then gain it all back?

Replies

• MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    My friend did the Ideal Protein...she gained most of the weight back.
  • Grimlock1030
    Options
    I'm on the 90 day challenge with body by vi, I also know there is no magic shake or pill.
    But I do believe there are things that can help you along your journey.
    If you like, you can send a friend request and I'll keep you updated.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My friend bought a bunch of the Body by Vi, (and ended up giving it to me lol), so I did use it for a very long time as there were several packages of the shake mix she purchased.

I would NOT recommend it simply because of the prohibitive cost involved. It is a very expensive product, it can be difficult to just "buy" without also being hounded to sell it, sign on to a monthly "reorder," also buy the vitamins and cookies and various other products, etc.

Body by Vi works the same way as Slim Fast... By replacing two "actual" meals with low calorie meal replacement shakes, you are inevitably going to lose weight if you follow the plan, as your calorie intake is going to be dramatically reduced. However, there is nothing "new" or magical about that... You don't need to spend insane amounts of money and have 2/3 of your daily calories from from milkshakes to lose weight by cutting calories and exercising :)

On a positive note... The shake mix IS very good, and IS very nutritionally sound. If you have already bought some, I would recommend scrapping the Body by Vi "diet plan", and just using the shake mix as a delicious, protein-rich and nutritionally sound breakfast or snack option.
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My friend bought a bunch of the Body by Vi, (and ended up giving it to me lol), so I did use it for a very long time as there were several packages of the shake mix she purchased.

I would NOT recommend it simply because of the prohibitive cost involved. It is a very expensive product, it can be difficult to just "buy" without also being hounded to sell it, sign on to a monthly "reorder," also buy the vitamins and cookies and various other products, etc.

Body by Vi works the same way as Slim Fast... By replacing two "actual" meals with low calorie meal replacement shakes, you are inevitably going to lose weight if you follow the plan, as your calorie intake is going to be dramatically reduced. However, there is nothing "new" or magical about that... You don't need to spend insane amounts of money and have 2/3 of your daily calories from from milkshakes to lose weight by cutting calories and exercising :)

On a positive note... The shake mix IS very good, and IS very nutritionally sound. If you have already bought some, I would recommend scrapping the Body by Vi "diet plan", and just using the shake mix as a delicious, protein-rich and nutritionally sound breakfast or snack option.

Thanks - I was wondering if it was a meal replacement or a supplement. I'm not too crazy about the meal replacement idea. I do really like my protein shakes though :)
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 90 day challenge with body by vi, I also know there is no magic shake or pill.
    But I do believe there are things that can help you along your journey.
    If you like, you can send a friend request and I'll keep you updated.

Thanks - just did :)
  • anniecannie
    Options
    I am on day 18 of body by vi... my last weight in on day 14... I had lost 17lbs... in 2 weeks... this is just what I needed to kick start things for me.
  • Lcray762
    Lcray762 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on Ideal Protein. The shakes and soups and other foods are very tasty. I willadmit that I have cheated, thus prolonging my weight loss. I have lost 40 lbs and aboaut 47 inches. I started in Nov. 2011. Ishould be at my goal by now but, it is what it is. It is expensive. But for me, its worth it.
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did the Ideal Protein diet for 3 weeks. It's really expensive. Depending on your office, the start up fee for me was $250 but then each box was $30. Some of the foods are great. I enjoyed their juices and chocolate drink. But I didn't like anything else. For me it was a challenging diet. I felt very restricted and didn't cheat. But because of cost , I kind of stopped. But I gotta say I lost 17 lbs on the time I was in but gained a few back. I decided to go back to the last time I lost my 30lbs by diet and exercise.

If you can afford it, have strong will power, and stay focused you will lose the weight quickly. Best of luck in your decision.
  • rowdygirl003
    rowdygirl003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Body by Vi since February with no weight loss. I usually have two shakes a day with a fruit snack and a healthy dinner with salad and veggies. The shake is very good. A friend started the same time I did and she's lost 25 pounds... And eats Big Macs. Another friend is on Ideal Protein and has lost about 20 pounds in about 40 days. He sent me a chocolate shake... It was not good..taste a lot like medifast. I would not spend the money on it. $300.00 to start and about $100. A week
    VS Body by Vi from amazon.com $50.00 a bag.
  • shortt123
    shortt123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey a Rowdygirl! I have the bodybyVi, although I like the shake, i never followed through w the eating plan. I purchased the product some time ago. This wk, I'm following a diet/lifestyle that is similar to ideal protein. Many people, especially women, have changed their diet to it. I found the information on Bearware.com. It's protein shakes, vegetables & of course protein from an animal if you choose. I'm writing bc I wanted to mention to you that cutting fruit out of your diet helps w your weight loss. Try cutting fruit out & supplement w veggies & see what happens. I personally have a hard time cutting fruit out bc of my sweet tooth :p. let me know what happens!