Do you track your food?

Options

Replies

• willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I do track my foot but I'm not currently weighing/measuring it. I cook simply & can guess well enough at half a bag of veggies, a serving of protein, etc. I've weighed/measured every single thing in the past and, if I stop seeing results, I will do it again.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING!! in fact it doesn't go in my mouth until it's in my app (especially if I'm eating out) It is SO VERY IMPORTANT to log everything, and I would avoid using the quick calorie adds!

It all comes down to commitment!

DO or do not there is NO try!!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I want to answer the OP but I'm stuck on the avatar ... is that your nipple hanging out? It isn't ... it is ... it isn't ...

after reading this post i had to check - it's not it's a tattoo on her chest.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I used to find tracking to be a pain as well, I've found planning out the basics of my day the night before helps a ton. I know the majority of what I will eat, and have wiggle room for if my day doesn't go exactly as planned. I also don't stress to much on weekends about tracking super accuartely.

I also find, eating basic natural foods makes tracking way easier because there are no hidden ingredients (though some find packaged foods easier to log, to each their own).
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I track everything I eat, that's the whole point of MFP. There's only about 350 calories of difference between putting my body on starvation (which halts/reduces fat burning) and sedentary weight maintenance (which allows fat loss when exercise is added).
  • GemT67
    GemT67 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Record them ! You just need to get into the habit :wink:

I find adding all 'known' or expected calories at the start of the day and then add or amend where things change is best for me.

If you cant log at the time, just keep a note somewhere of exactly what you ate and add it when you can even if it means you go 'over' for the day :happy:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I track every bite I eat. I weigh or measure absolutely everything, log it, and then eat it. Like one of the other posters, it doesn't go in my mouth until it's tracked on the app. If you don't have an accurate view of how many calories you're eating, it's virtually impossible to know what kind of deficit you're eating at.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Yep, I track everything I eat. Most days I pre-track and put in as much as I know/plan on eating and do a "quick calories" estimate on what I think I might be eating for a meal or snack. That way I know throughout the day how much I can and can't eat. Works for me! :happy:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Yes. I usually am a week ahead.
  • fabry12
    fabry12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I force nyself to track food the same day otherwise I forget. The whole point of MFP is to make you aware of how much food you have everyday so that you can adjust to whatever is needed for you to loose weight.
  • hayleysuel
    hayleysuel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You MUST!!!

I work full time M-F so what works for me is I bring my bag of food for the day to work & log it all right away in the morning. By the end of the work day I have an idea of what sounds good for dinner & I log it. I also log my snacks in advance too! So at 9pm when I'm craving that chocolate pudding and I've completed that entry for the day... I've already got it logged!!

Find a system that works for you & stick with it!!
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I track my food online via computer while at work. After work I use the myfitnesspal app on my iphone, which i have with me at all times. Maybe you need to download the app?
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You MUST!!!

I work full time M-F so what works for me is I bring my bag of food for the day to work & log it all right away in the morning. By the end of the work day I have an idea of what sounds good for dinner & I log it. I also log my snacks in advance too! So at 9pm when I'm craving that chocolate pudding and I've completed that entry for the day... I've already got it logged!!

Find a system that works for you & stick with it!!

I agree! I report a lot of my meals first thing in the morning so I have an idea of how many calories I will have left for dinner.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    kinda what we're here for... there's a mobile app even. No excuses!

I even carry a small food log with me in case I can't get to the phone app.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    MFP is considered a fitness 'journal' geared towards tracking food - I don't understand what else you would do with it? Please enlighten me!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been trying to track everything daily. If I log in at least once its after lunch and then I do dinner from the day before, breakfast, and the lunch I just ate. Also any snacks that I can remember.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    MFP is considered a fitness 'journal' geared towards tracking food - I don't understand what else you would do with it? Please enlighten me!
    I log everything but I have MFP friends who only log weight and exercise and use it for support from online friends. It's not the way I use it but whatever works.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I log everything but I have MFP friends who only log weight and exercise and use it for support from online friends. It's not the way I use it but whatever works.
    Hmmm- that's odd to me because I'm so anal about knowing every calorie in and out, but if it works for them - COOL!
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I cannot always get on the computer to log everything when it happens so I log my food & calories on paper. The next time I get on MFP, I log all of my stuff in. ;-)
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have to log! Whether I make it or not, it helps! I do check out restaurants in advance...and I even log drinks at the bar...although drunk logging is a challenge. :drinker: