1. Lift Weights at least 3 times a week
2. Eat 1g of protein per lbs of LBM
3. Adjust calories to lose 1lb to 2lbs per week

Edit: typos yet again...ughh

Replies

• tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Working on this now. Have some areas I want to firm up.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Oh well, I guess people don't like simplicity.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Technically the first 2 are not necessary to lose fat, only the third is. The first two are for lbm retention. :laugh:
  • Griffin220x
    Options
    Exactly!^^ Because without those two, you would lose weight and not fat. :bigsmile:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Exactly!^^ Because without those two, you would lose weight and not fat. :bigsmile:
    No, you would lose weight and fat. The difference is your weight loss won't be exclusively from fat.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    What about the toxins??
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Well that seems too easy. It can't be right.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Either way, you still lose fat.
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Best fat burn workout is WALKING on treadmill at 13-15% incline....keeps your heartrate consistently in your fat burn zone.
  • Griffin220x
    Options
    No, you would lose weight and fat. The difference is your weight loss won't be exclusively from fat.

The whole point of this thread is to lose fat.
    The first two rules are in place to ensure that you are ONLY losing fat and not lbm. Again, without the first two rules you would lose weight (which includes water/muscle/fat..etc)
    I'm not particulary interested in getting into a debate difference about weight loss vs fat loss because I agree with you.
  • Griffin220x
    Options
    What about the toxins??

What about them?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Best fat burn workout is WALKING on treadmill at 13-15% incline....keeps your heartrate consistently in your fat burn zone.

I would say you need to define best. Because I can burn a ton more calories doing HIIT than steady state cardio and a much shorter period of time.
  • jonnythan
    Options

My favorite fat burn workout is sitting on my butt all day.

A couple hours walking on a treadmill burns a couple hundred calories. Sitting on my butt all day burns like 2000! Now THERE'S a fat burn workout.
  • Griffin220x
    Options

But the goal here is to EXCLUSIVELY lose fat.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    What about the toxins??

What about them?

They're preventing me from losing fat! Right?
  • Griffin220x
    Options
    What about the toxins??

What about them?

They're preventing me from losing fat! Right?

I'm not sure where you're going with this?
  • psuLemon
    Options

Even with your goals, it doesn't guarantee only fat loss. Even with heavy lifting and all HIIT, you still have the ability to lose lbm. A lot of it depends on how much you have to start with.

I do agree with you but it's very subjective to fully receiving those results.
  • Griffin220x
    Options

Even with your goals, it doesn't guarantee only fat loss. Even with heavy lifting and all HIIT, you still have the ability to lose lbm. A lot of it depends on how much you have to start with.

I do agree with you but it's very subjective to fully receiving those results.

First, I never said anything about HIIT. I don't do cardio. I agree with you about having the ability to lose lbm, everyone also has the abitlity to lose lbm gain lbm and lose fat and store fat daily. This amount is so minimal I won't matter in the long run. Try not to think about it too much. Its not subjective at all, I look the way I do because I follow those three rules.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I like the simplicity of the Topic starting post. Eat less calories than you burn = weight loss. Then your body's hormonal state comes in to play but for 90% of the people on here doing what the OP said is a great starting point.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    You guys basically agree and are arguing over terminology.

Let me help:

Griffin220x meant "follow these 3 steps to lose fat and preserve lean mass as much as possible."

Are we happy now?