New to site

Options
Hi everyone....

Well, I finally found this site 2 days ago and decided to give it a try. Wow, am I impressed!! :smile: I have been logging in my food and began using my treadmill (1st time in over 1 yr) and so far in three days have lost 6 lbs.!! Man, am I excited about this!

I'm trying to be real good about getting in the water, but it's a little tough. I also have a problem with eating all of the calories it tells me to. I am an undereater but an overweighter..lol. I am 5'10" and I started at 289 lbs., am now at 283 lbs :happy: (as of early this morning) and normally eat around 8 - 900 calories a day. I know, I skip breakfast, shame on me. But does anyone else have this problem? How can I force myself to eat the 1500 calories per day that I should? I'm just not that hungry and I don't like to eat all the time. Got any suggestions?

I have completely cut out the soda, so that should help with the weight loss as well as walking everyday.

Thanks for reading this. I have read a lot on the boards and you all seem like you can help keep me motivated to reaching my goal of a 100 lb weight loss. Keep up the great work everyone and I'll keep posting.:smile::smile:

Replies

• hangell
    Options
    Hi everyone....

Well, I finally found this site 2 days ago and decided to give it a try. Wow, am I impressed!! :smile: I have been logging in my food and began using my treadmill (1st time in over 1 yr) and so far in three days have lost 6 lbs.!! Man, am I excited about this!

I'm trying to be real good about getting in the water, but it's a little tough. I also have a problem with eating all of the calories it tells me to. I am an undereater but an overweighter..lol. I am 5'10" and I started at 289 lbs., am now at 283 lbs :happy: (as of early this morning) and normally eat around 8 - 900 calories a day. I know, I skip breakfast, shame on me. But does anyone else have this problem? How can I force myself to eat the 1500 calories per day that I should? I'm just not that hungry and I don't like to eat all the time. Got any suggestions?

I have completely cut out the soda, so that should help with the weight loss as well as walking everyday.

Thanks for reading this. I have read a lot on the boards and you all seem like you can help keep me motivated to reaching my goal of a 100 lb weight loss. Keep up the great work everyone and I'll keep posting.:smile::smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    hangell,
    Welcome!!
    Breakfast is a very important meal that you should really try to eat everyday. If you don't have time, try to take in a protein shake.
    What was recommended for your cal intake? You need to eat more than the 8-900. You do not want you body to go into starvation mode. It will start storing fat. Also make sure you adjust your calories if you increase your workouts.
    Taking in calories can be easy if you plan ahead. Use a calendar and plan you meals for the week. It helps me.
    Keep exercising and good luck to you.
  • hangell
    Options
    Hi icandoit, thanks for the welcome.

The program recommended I take in 1,580 calories per day. My problem is I've been eating 800-900 cals. per day for the last 10 years. And yes, my body did go into starvation mode, because 10 yrs ago I gained 100 lbs.

Breakfast is a huge problem for me. Ever since my last pregnancy, which included major morning sickness for most of it, I can't seem to put anything on my stomach before 11am. I have tried many times to change this, but when I eat early in the morning, I get sick. Maybe it's a mind over matter thing, I don't know.

I have tried the protein shakes before, like you suggested, and sometimes I just can't get them down. Again, too much in my stomach early in the day. And no matter what time of day I drink one, I feel so full after only a couple of ounces.

Thanks for the pep talk and encouragement. I'm determined to stick to this and try to get in the calories I need 'cause I know this will only help the weight loss if I can get back onto a healthy eating regimine.

~~Helene
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem after having my daughter 3 years ago. I could not eat potatoes, or eggs, or anything that was cooked in oil. I could only eat biscuits and gravy. It was the only thing that stayed down.
    After a while, I just made myself eat the eggs. Needed the protein. For a while, I would eat a sandwich for breakfast.
    Slowly try eating a bit earlier. Maybe try some toast with peanut butter.
    If you can't get the breakfast in, at least make sure you are eating lunch, dinner and a snack.
    Just take your time and you can do it.
  • hangell
    Options

I am getting in a good lunch & dinner, plus having fruit & veggies for snacks. I did manage to eat a little cereal this morning around 10:30, before my walk. I am encouraged that I can back to reality with my eating habits.

Thank you so much for the good advice. It's nice to hear that I'm not alone.

~Helene
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Hey there!!! I also have issues with eating breakfast because I feel sick if I eat too early. At the very least I try and have a glass of milk or all natural orange juice. It does seem to help to at least have something in my stomach in the mornings even if it is a liquid. Good luck!
  • sschrock
    sschrock Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hangell,

Welcome! I'm new too. I just joined last night and am already enjoying the site!

What are your favorite foods? The reason I ask is that if there's something you thought you could tolerate in the AM and it's a favorite food, no one says you HAVE to eat a "breakfast" food. Know what I mean??? I absolutely hate:angry: eggs with a passion; wouldn't eat them ANY time of the day LOL!

Sometimes I have a slice of cheese pizza if it's around. Sometimes cheese toast or toast with 1 T. of peanut butter on it. I never eat much at all for breakfast, because I'm like you........I don't even like to think about eating before 10 or 11am.

I will have to say that since I started my diet about 3 weeks ago, I'm finding it easier to do a meal in the AM and if I do NOT eat past 6:30 or 7pm, I'm really hungry at 7-7:30am and can handle the above mentioned favorites or a Slim-Fast Optima. I've lost 9.5 lbs in 3 weeks and am happy about that.:happy:

Good Luck! Keep us posted on how you're doing!