No More Excuses -- Week 34

Options
Looks like Tericamp edges out Hawkeye for the biggest loser honors. Biggest loser always puts up the weeks challenge. So what' it going to be?

I gained a lot of weight this week, I need to get more focused on my diet, but after being on the diet so hard for 6 mos, I have been letting myself "enjoy the summer". I went from 230 to 190 over this winter planning on ratcheting that down to 175 over the next winter.

MFP-33.jpg

So for anyone who wants to join. During your 1st week in the group, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's weigh in (we do them on Sunday). All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight from Sunday by noon on Monday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, we have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• aehenson
    aehenson Posts: 86
    Options
    Can you give me a quick explanation for how this works? I keep seeing posts where people are in these competitions but what do I need to do to join?? Do i add them all as friends or what?
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    All you need to do is reply to this message. On weigh in day (Sunday), you send me a message with your weight. Many of the people in the group add each other as friends, but its not required.
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Cool.....Welcome to maneyes and aehensen.....We are a very relaxed but motivated group!!!! Jump right in and tell us about yourselves.

Well, I am happy for my 1 lb loss.....I just hope I don't gain it back this week as so far.....it hasn't been a good week....TOM....One of my employees even brought me "tons" of chocolate yesterday because I was so craving it......I was proud however and didn't eat everything she brought in!! !;) Tomorrow is a new day

Didn't make it to curves last night or go for my walk since I actually went home early cause I was really in pain!!! Feeling much better today and will get both accomplished!

So it looks like Tericamp gets to give us our challenge this week! Congrats to all the other losers as well!!!!

Talk to you tonight!
    Ann
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...Had a busy day today, groceries and errands. I missed exercising today but I'll get to the gym tomorrow. Have a good night.

Jack...Thanks for the chart.

Welcome new members!
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Morning Team,

Thanks for the chart Jack and welcome to our new folks.

With a nice long weekend coming up for the holiday, my goal is to have fun, eat right, get as much excercise in as I can and not gain any weight if possible. :happy:

I hope all of you have a great 4th as well.

Hawkeye
  • momieof2
    momieof2 Posts: 98
    Options
    I would like to join to if that is okay :smile: What are the details, do you guys weigh in weekly?? Do Challenges??

I am 31 and I have 2 beautiful boys. I have been struggling with my weight fFOREVER. I always say it's time for change, but it's really not an option for me anymore. I need to lose this weight. My biggest thing is eating. Any tips? My mind is always hungry :embarassed: And I can't stand it. I try to make good choices and I do really good for a couple of weeks but all it takes is 1 day to fall off, and about 1 month to get back on track. I need all the support. Gosh it feels really good to get this out.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • tericamp
    tericamp Posts: 19
    Options
    Since I'm still kind of new, I'm not positive about how the challenge thing works, but here goes:

CHALLENGE -- WEEK 34

We'll call this the Firecracker challenge :)

Lets do the following at least 4 days this week in addition to our regular routine (modification is okay, please don't kill yourself):

Start off with 10 minutes of warm up.

--Do 10 squat thrusts (squat down, place your hands next to your feet and kick your feet out behind you to a push up position , do one push up, jump back between your hands and stand up, repeat)

--Do 20 walking lunges (begin by stepping into a lunge where both knees are at a 90 degree angle, step with the opposite foot into a lunge, repeat)

--Do 20 ski jumps (with your feet together, bend your knees and jump to the right as far as you can then immediately jump to the left as far as you can, repeat)

--Do 20 jumping jacks with a kick (after each jumping jack, kick each leg out in front of you (think rockettes ;) )

--Do 10 bicycle crunches (lay on your back with your arms behind your head and bend your knees, bring your shoulder up to meet your knee, lie back, bring your opposite shoulder to meet your opposite knee, lie back, repeat)

You can repeat as many times as you would like. I recommend at least two sets if you can. :) Don't forget to cool down for 10 minutes after you have finished your last set.

Have an Awesome Fourth of July Weekend!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning team. Just checking in to let you know I will be MIA for the next couple of days and may miss weigh in......We are leaving town this morning for the holiday week-end. Haven't done so hot on my eating these past couple of days so need to push into over drive..... Should be able to eat fairly healthy while we are gone....and will get out and walk a lot!

Everyone have a great 4th!!!! And stay safe!
    Ann

PS Thanks Teri for the challenge.....I will do as much as I can....DARN knees don't like those lunges and stress on them, but will attempt a few anyway!!! ;)
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hello all...We had a busy few weeks. We are having a terrible time getting this pool up. We bought a new liner and dug the spot for a 27' pool, which is what we were told it was. It turned out to be a 28' pool and we now have to sell the first liner and buy a bigger one plus make the spot for the pool bigger. It has been a mess. In the middle of this we got a new fridge and had to put it in on Saturday night and moved our old one out and sold it at the same time. For some crazy reason I decided to paint my kitchen cabinets right now. I have my kitchen completely torn apart and need to get them finished today. I am so tired. Hopefully we can be finished by the middle of July and ready to swim and relax. Oh, did I mention I also have to hire someone to replace my roof? Needless to say exercise has been put on the back burner and we've been eating out a lot due to my kitchen situation. Maybe just another week and things will be back to their normal pace. Hope you all had a good holiday weekend. TTYL.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Send me those weigh ins. You have until tonight since I won't have access to a computer until late this evening.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Well we are back from camping, had a wonderful time. Now to get caught up on laundry, and books. Going golfing tonight if we dont get rain.

Well I gained 2.4 pounds (ick) and I just edged over 160, which I said I never would be again, so I have some work to do this week. Won't be excercing much, but will try to keep in check what I put in my mouth.

Hope everyone is having a good week, will check back in tonight.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Oh Tammy......You are having a time aren't you????? Sorry you have to go through all that, but just keep your eye on the end result....a Beautiful Kitchen and a wonderful pool to relax in!!!!! I know the feeling about the roof....We are looking at the same thing with all the wind and hail we have gotten. What a mess!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning Team. Well I am back at it this morning. Had a wonderful week-end away, but now have to get back with the program. Ate way too much, and didn't even get to weigh in, cause we weren't around any computer or scales!!!! So....I will be off the chart this week, but will be back next week.

Today is going to be a hectic day, so guess i better get to it!

Have a great one!
    Ann
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    It is Tuesday night and just got back from camping and the Calypso waterpark in Limoges, Ontario. So I missed weigh in this week. Starting tomorrow I am back on the diet and hope to be down on next Monday's chart

smwert (susan)
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...I have been missing this week. Still trying to finish up these cabinets before we put up the pool this weekend. I decided I needed a project on my day off Monday instead of resting. I missed weigh-in this week but will be back on the chart next week. I didn't notice a new thread yet, hope I'm not posting to the old one. Happy hump day!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! No I haven't seen a new thread yet either Tammy. I think Jack has been really busy!!!! ;) Or it sounds like a lot of us missed weigh in, so maybe he doesn't have anything to post!!! ;0

I too am back after it this morning. I wanted to get on the ball yesterday but it just didn't happen. So....I am sitting here drinking my green tea and thinking positively!!!

This is play week so we are running around like crazy. Every night this week and 2 on Saturday. Had dress rehearsals Mon & Tues and tonight is opening Night!!! Should be fantastic. We have a very talented group of actors in our community (children) ages K-just graduated. This years Production is The Legend of Pocahontas. My son is Keokum (or the Indian that Pocahontas is suppose to marry but of course doesn't!!!!)

Well better get to my day. Hope everyone has a great one!
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Morning Team,

I am also just coming back this week after being out myself, so I plan on posting my weight next week. Sounds like that's what most of us are doing.

I know I gained a few more pounds but will be working to lose those over the next several days.

I hope everyone has a great active weekend.

Hawkeye
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Morning Team;

The Legend of Pocahontas opened last night by our Children's Theatre. It was OUTSTANDING!!!! We have the best group of kids in the world and an extremely talented director. BUT.....it is taking all of my evening time this week, so no exercise and eating on the run. Hopefully I can get to curves at least 1 more time this week. Did make it on Tuesday!

Well gotta run.....Today is Board meeting day on top of everything else!

Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...Everybody have a great day! Busy, busy, busy again. Hope to talk to y'all soon.