Motivation is waining.. !! anyone else struggling?

Options
Well weigh in day was today and I normally do evening weigh in ( for Slimming world but not able to go to class today) so weighed this morning then just for giggles did my usual evening weigh in + 2lb difference just today - so looks like I am up 1 lb this week.... crikey sucking at this calorie counting big time. 2 weeks in a row I have put on !!! .. I know my food is not super good some days but it fits in my count...( yes EAT CLEAN I here some say, but I do struggle with this as I do not have a love of veg or most fruits) ... I will carry on for a few more weeks then re look at things... Maybe I should not eat back my workout cals this week and see what happens... I WILL eat MORE fruit & veg.....
Just got a new DVD to try out - UK verssion of biggest loser workout - cardio & strength - oh and going to re start the kettleworx dvd I think

oh well !!!!!

Replies

• endee333
    endee333 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey! im doing the biggest loser cardio workout as well! im on day 17 (week 3) of my new lifestyle which includes healthy eating and working out. So far i have lost 4 pounds. My next week is in in a couple of days. I hope i lose another pound or two!
    i do the biggest loser workout atleast 5 times a week and to be honest, i DONT eat back my workout. I am only suppose to be eating 1200 calories and thats it. Even if i work out and can subtract about 500 calories, i dont! I hope that since I am doing this, my weight loss will happen quicker?
    But its nice to see that we're doing the same kind of workout and have lost the same weight! We can do this! :)
    add me as a friend if youd like!
  • TillyTick
    TillyTick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you doing lots more exercise than before? If so this could explain the gain.
  • Batmanswife1
    Batmanswife1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and hang in there. Remember, two steps forward, one step back.
  • TillyTick
    TillyTick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have a peek at other people's open diaries and it may motivate you. Yesterday I had grilled bacon and sausage (ran out of eggs) but it was so tasty and yet not too naughty. You'll get some more ideas.
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I try to not eat back all of my workout calories. Since I know the workout figures aren't 100% accurate... I figure it's better to overestimate on the food intake than on the burn. So I leave myself a little leeway there.

As far as motivation - mine waxes & wains just like the moon. There are days that I'm gung-ho about all the changes I'm making and there are other day where I would like to just sit down with a pint of ice cream and forget about it. For me it's turned into a "day-by-day" thing. I don't "eat clean" like others on this site. I eat what I like and try to keep things in moderation.

One thing that helps with motivation are all my MFP buddies. You can add me if you'd like. :happy: We can try to keep each other on track.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and hang in there. Remember, two steps forward, one step back.

^^^^^^ THIS!!! DO NOT GIVE UP!! Stick with it. When I look at myself sometimes all I see is how far I have to go and completely ignore how far I've come. Celebrate each new muscle formed or strengthened, each awesome workout. Hell, celebrate even the bad workouts!! You did it at least, right?? Treat yourself to a new workout top or something. Do anything that keeps that desire in you to keep going. I often feel like I'm making little progress but the fact is I am making progress and that is what counts. I have no patience and this is what changing your lifestyle takes. Patience. Oodles and oodles of patience. Good luck!!:smile: