Do you track your food?

Options

Replies

• beautifulregardless
    Options
    MFP is considered a fitness 'journal' geared towards tracking food - I don't understand what else you would do with it? Please enlighten me!

That was a tad snotty :/ But yet you're being honest so I like that! Well, I'll tell you what else I'll do. Are you ready to be enlightened? You sure you're ready? Okay... I comment on a lot of my friends posts telling them how great they are doing and/or help them with their problems, I post my things I'm proud of, things I'm not proud of and want to change, I do log food but in advance and NEVER end up eating those things so end up deleting them, I used to log EVERYDAY on my old account but only do every few days now. I view all the community posts and comment. I look for inspiration and give inspiration. I always log my exercise. There's a lot more than logging food. Logging food is important but there's more than that!
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yes
    *lol* I like to track my stuff
    It really keeps me on track!
  • MissFayeT
    MissFayeT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started I have been tracking my food religiously, if i don't find it in the database, i'll add it myself, even if it is a bloody tomato, but I want to be accurate. I also have a week off, which is when i'm lurking around the larder. By tracking my food I know what to eat and what not to eat, i'm trying to make sure i get results. When I am back to a full day, I will most likely track my food in the evenings but write it down in a notebook.
    It is easy to forget to track your food, but forgeting may also lead you to wonder why you are putting weight instead of losing :)
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    I can't seem to stick to tracking my food. I track my first meal and after that I usually forget to do it.

Do you ?

well get in the habit of doing it. yes iog everything.

um your picture freaked me out for a sec. It looks like your breast is hanging out (cause of the tattoo).

Lolol. Omg, that's the second comment. NO, It's a tattoo not a nipple lololol. As you obviously realized. I would not post a nude picture xD & Didn't mean to even get the slighest bit of breast in the picture. EVERYONE, ATTENTION, lol.. IT IS NOT MY NIPPLE!
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    Yes
    *lol* I like to track my stuff
    It really keeps me on track!

Lol :p
  • JessyBevy
    JessyBevy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I track everything. In fact, when going to restaurants, I look ahead of time on MFP what my best food options are and then track them before I go. I can always delete or modify later if I eat something different. Nothing like getting home feel proud you had a chicken salad for dinner and finding out it had 1100 calories in it. Knowledge is power.

I always always always read the menu ahead of time as well! - figure out what to eat. I'm vegetarian too, so i'm used to looking up foods that i can eat to places ive never been
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I do that too but I always have a mental note of what I've eaten. I also don't log all of my exercise because my fitbit keeps track of the calories that I burn.
  • Erod1972
    Erod1972 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use the app on my phone, it has a bar-code scanner on it which makes it easier to track things. But you have to watch it because sometimes it will give you the wrong calorie content or macro percentages!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the gifs and the rate/date threads.
  • RayBoy76
    RayBoy76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find it easier since downloading the app.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I write down everything down religiously - I don't do it on my phone as it is a brick without internet! I make sure that I do as many automated meals as possible - eat the same breakfast every day and stick to portion sizes. It has worked for me - I am at goal weight and managed to do it within 3 months.
  • grampajimmy
    Options
    I track mine daily. My wife says it has become an obsession. Isn't that the way you get things done? It is for me. must workI'm loosing weight! And inches!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I find the tracking really importlogant, also weighing and measuring. I do log a lot the next day as I am not on the computer late at night and always have a bed time snack!!! :wink:
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    I track absolutely everything, everyday. Even on cheat days. If I don't record something on cheat days, I make a note of it so I don't forget. I keep my iphone with me all of the time, and even when I eat out, actually I use it more then to see what I am eating and/or drinking. If you don't want to log all day, plan out your day of meals when you wake up or the night before, if it changes, make changes before you go to bed. That way you aren't spending all day on here, but honestly I have not missed recording anything since I started 3 months ago. It becomes a serious habit.

^^^This

^^^ This too for me!
  • ladyillusionist
    ladyillusionist Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for 2 days now, but already I found that tracking my food really does make a huge difference! I've managed to lose 5 lbs in the last 2 days just by being conscience of what I am eating.

The easiest way for me is to just do the calorie recording as I prepare my meal on either my iphone or ipad. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I did consistently for a long time. I recently stopped though because I was getting too obsessed with calories. Not eating when I was hungry because I'd go over. Eating when I wasn't hungry because I was under. Trying to trend to see if I was on track on average.

I liked tracking my nutrients, but I can't not focus too much on calories and MFP won't let me turn that off. :grumble:
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    I track everything that I eat and drink and I am going to be away from the computer for the day and not get back to it until evening, I keep track by writing down what I eat as well. Keeping a food journel might help you track what you are eating and hold you accountable to write it down.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Always..good or bad!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    If I don't track, I automatically eat more. If you track consistently, and use your smartphone to scan food packages when you can, it really doesn't take much time and is very easy. I tend to eat alot of the same foods every day, so it's already in my "recent foods" section. If you're really truly committed, you can do it.
  • rtarpley
    rtarpley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When I track, I lose weight or control my weight. When I don't track, my calories rise, my weight increases, and my blood sugar rises. TRACK EVERYTHING!