Why do coffee shops make $hitty coffee?

Options
I can count on like 3 places that are really out of my way to make a decent cup of jo. Everyone else sells dishwater.

Just disappointed. And annoyed because it's so bad I'm going to have to start carrying a thermos or something around, or drink tea.

Replies

• Yes I wish everyone served Starbucks coffee
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    No! Starbucks is one of the worst offenders ime!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    you must have very equisiste taste
  • I agree starbucks is the best! Roasted to perfection
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A majority of coffee shops burn the coffee, I've found. Now I just make it myself. Granted, I drink the "froofy" espresso drinks, not drip coffee, but everybody screws it up.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those wusses that drinks light roast.
    I really like Starbucks Blonde roast.
    But 90% of the time I just use my trusty Keurig.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Glad I live in Melbourne, lots of great coffee places here, probably due to the "cafe culture".
  • upgetupgetup
    Options
    A majority of coffee shops burn the coffee, I've found. Now I just make it myself. Granted, I drink the "froofy" espresso drinks, not drip coffee, but everybody screws it up.

Yeah, and I don't get why! ALL THEY DO is make and serve coffee! Why not take pride in it?

I'm not a snob - I like perc, and at home I use my grocery store's own brand. (I do drink a special Greek/Turkish coffee half the time, though).

All it takes is paying attention to proportions, and serving fresh stuff.
  • upgetupgetup
    Options
    Glad I live in Melbourne, lots of great coffee places here, probably due to the "cafe culture".

Lucky! Jealous..