any one with Crohns disease

Options
Just wondering if there is anyone out there with Crohn's disease that is trying to lose weight. Having my ups and downs and the medicine is not helping

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    There's a group here for Ulcerative Colitis, not sure if there are any Crohns members in the group. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/865-ulcerative-colitis There may be a group specifically for Crohns as well, maybe search for that.

Sorry you are having to deal with that - my hubby had UC, and the meds do suck, and so does the disease. Hang in there.
  • Jerrielynn
    Options
    There's a group here for Ulcerative Colitis, not sure if there are any Crohns members in the group. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/865-ulcerative-colitis There may be a group specifically for Crohns as well, maybe search for that.

Sorry you are having to deal with that - my hubby had UC, and the meds do suck, and so does the disease. Hang in there.

thanks for the info. I hope your husband is doing well. This disease it terrible.
  • LittleMint1
    LittleMint1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I wanted to comment not to shameless ask for money... although donations are always welcome.. but more to let you know about the awesome group I'm apart of!

Last year I lost my great aunt to Crohns disease... it was devastating.. I decided that it was time to start helping others like her, so I found CCFA Team Challenge! I'm currently training for my FIRST half marathon with a FANTASTIC group of about 70 people.. and that's just Team Challenge-New England!

Our goal is to raise funds, where $.80 to the dollar goes directly to research and to spread awareness for these awful Inflammatory Bowel Diseases..

Team Challenge is ALL over the country.. You can visit my page for more information at

http://www.active.com/donate/chicagoNE13/TCNE_Chi13LElavsk1

or the general Team Challenge page at

http://www.ccteamchallenge.org/

Our group is primarily made up of , walkers and runners alike, either sufferers of the diseases or caregivers to those that do. Its such a great organization and a great group to be a part of!

Let me know if you want anymore information! :)

Thanks
    Lisa
  • blondie0922
    blondie0922 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you have to deal with this horrible disease. My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's at 13. She is now 18 and still has not found the solution to make her feel better day to day. She has now started Cimzia.

I know this doesn't answer the question to your post but I wanted to let you know you are not alone.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm a crohnie. I understand about the meds. I myself gained 70 pounds thanks to the dreaded pred. Feel free to add me.
  • Klisa80
    Klisa80 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have it and just had a baby after 8 months of steroids and infliximab need to loose weight but just not happening : (
  • candymara
    candymara Posts: 49
    Options
    ME! Iwas just about to make this post- glad I did a search.
    I don't think I have gone less than 6 months without a prednisone round since 1998 when I was diagnosed (at 16 years old). I was 108lbs and 5'10" when they finally found out what was wrong with me. Then put me on prednisone and I shot up 35lbs in the first 4 weeks alone!

Since then its been and up and down battle constantly to try and maintain a healthy weight. I got pregnant in 2004 and gained another 65lbs and it hasn't even gone away. It just got worse after the next round of prednisone. I'm at 256 now. Trying to get down to 145ish. After my bowl resection they had me in the hospital for 6 months due to them not sewing my colon up properly and had me on a pic line and full IV nourishment with like 3000 cals a day! i was already overweight and I gained another 22 lbs in one week before i convinced the damn nutritionalist she was crazy lol

My disease is mostly affected by stress. I am in a wheelchair due to epidural complications when my son was born and since then my flare ups have been dreadful due to the extra stress of not walking.

It would be nice to have a friend on here who understands weightloss journey amongst hospital and doctor interference!