Recovery drink question

p90xokc
p90xokc Posts: 66
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So after I finished a tub of the p90x recovery drink, I went and picked up more recovery drink at the GNC. The only flavor they had was vanilla. Now I don't know about any of you guys, but vanilla water sucks. Any one know what I can mix or blend with this stuff to make it taste better AND won't blow my calorie intake to hell?

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Mix it with milk. Yes, everything goes up but it won't taste so bad.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Milk. I use 12 oz. of milk. It adds more protein. I use skim. Or you could just get some flavored mix-ins that are about 10 calories for one little package.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    I like almond milk. I get Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla - only 40 calories per 8 oz.
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    I agree with the milk suggestion. Vanilla milk is much better than vanilla water.
  • MsCoconut
    MsCoconut Posts: 35 Member
    YES, vanilla water sucks!!! I like using skim milk! MUCH better!!
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    I just started with Vanilla Whey Protein yesterday, and through trial and error, I liked watering down the 8 oz of skim milk to help with the taste because its too strong. I mix 4 oz of lukewarm water with the powder until its saturated, then I add 8 oz of skim milk, 4 cubes of ice, and shake shake shake it up.

Not my favorite beverage but growing on me because its so satisfying. I figure I have to drink more water anyhow, so that particular mix seems to be the wonder mix.

Char
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    I just started with Vanilla Whey Protein yesterday, and through trial and error, I liked watering down the 8 oz of skim milk to help with the taste because its too strong. I mix 4 oz of lukewarm water with the powder until its saturated, then I add 8 oz of skim milk, 4 cubes of ice, and shake shake shake it up.

Not my favorite beverage but growing on me because its so satisfying. I figure I have to drink more water anyhow, so that particular mix seems to be the wonder mix.

Char
  • jems11021
    jems11021 Posts: 23
    Almond Milk 60 calories
  • RIKOtt
    RIKOtt Posts: 2 Member
    So after I finished a tub of the p90x recovery drink, I went and picked up more recovery drink at the GNC. The only flavor they had was vanilla. Now I don't know about any of you guys, but vanilla water sucks. Any one know what I can mix or blend with this stuff to make it taste better AND won't blow my calorie intake to hell?

mix either fresh or frozen Blueberries they are negative calories
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    i prefer Fuzion AKG which is a pre-workout drink. I like the fruit juice flavor and this mix has creatine in it like the P90X Results and Recovery formula. it really helps us power through our workout.
This discussion has been closed.