This fat girl

Options
THIS FAT GIRL LEARNED A GOOD LESSON YESTERDAY............ After my 30 walk on the treadmill... I thought "Hey, why don't you do a few crunches... You know to tighten up the belly.... So I got down on the floor and started in.... 5 I did 5! This morning I hurt so bad I can not even bend over... This fat girl does not need to do crunches! LESSON LEARNED!

Replies

• bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    No - do 5 more tomorrow - your body just needs to adjust. Please do it - you need to tighten your core too. Otherwise when you lose all the weight, you will still have a floppy tummy.
  • luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

I did that program in January/February. It's amazing how quickly it works. You should give it a try! :smile: Yeah, my abs hurt the next day for the first week or two, but that just means it's working. No pain, no gain, right?
  • lisacsmith16
    lisacsmith16 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ok if you say so!!! but damn my belly hurts... I only did 5!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You learnt that when something is tough you give up? Cos that's what it sounds like!
  • stehale1972
    Options
    You may want to consider doing "planks". I had the opinion that it could not be of any benefit, however, the tummy burn the following morning sort of proved me wrong!! You can be in a press up position, resting on your forearms for 30 seconds, then on each side, resting on one arm. Gradually increase the time as you get better, it's also less strain on your neck trying do do sit-ups!!!

Hope this helps?

Steve x
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider doing "planks". I had the opinion that it could not be of any benefit, however, the tummy burn the following morning sort of proved me wrong!! You can be in a press up position, resting on your forearms for 30 seconds, then on each side, resting on one arm. Gradually increase the time as you get better, it's also less strain on your neck trying do do sit-ups!!!

Hope this helps?

Steve x
  • st3lla677
    Options
    Hey, First of all, well done for doing treadmill AND crunchies!!! :-/ I dont do exercise, its the devil!!! :-) I joined MFP yesterday, my son does it, so he got me into it. I have 21lb to lose by the 11th May! i'm off on a hen do to Benidorm, and NEED to fit in the bikini! What made you join MFP? I have done all the diets under the sun and my ownly problem standing in my way is good old fashioned willpower!!! :-)
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    HAHA this is totally funny, because I say things like this myself. However when I first read the thread I was thinking....HOLY COW she put her head below her heart and passed out. Just be careful, though from experience you will get used to it fairly quickly.
    THIS FAT GIRL LEARNED A GOOD LESSON YESTERDAY............ After my 30 walk on the treadmill... I thought "Hey, why don't you do a few crunches... You know to tighten up the belly.... So I got down on the floor and started in.... 5 I did 5! This morning I hurt so bad I can not even bend over... This fat girl does not need to do crunches! LESSON LEARNED!
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oops- was trying to add on to Steve's- I read an article by an award winning body builder who won competitions for her great abs. The interviewer asked if you can only do one ab exercise what would it be? She said plank. But keep working at the crunches too- I love when it hurts- makes me feel like I am doing something right!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Keep doing both and add a few other moves for your core!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am 4 days into 30 day shred it helping me a lot. I will be honest with you op you are not fat. you look great.

when i started out I was a size 26W and 250 pounds. I am currently at 173 pounds.
  • cocochrisrabbit
    Options
    but remember, there are wonderful machines at gym to help with ab fitness! you can get great results without getting on the floor ever! Maybe u already know that...just a reminder!
  • fabry12
    fabry12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do not worry, it is amazing how fast your body recover from it. You will be able to do 100 in no time!
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow do 6! You can do it!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Ok if you say so!!! but damn my belly hurts...
    Well, you didn't stop after one child. ;-)
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    You wanna know what's weird? Five crunches may hurt right now, but if you do them every other day, pretty soon, 30, 40, or 50 won't hurt at all (well the next day, I mean...crunches are always gonna hurt while you are doing them).
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing! :-) Start with 5 crunches, stick to them for a week or so, then increase them to 10 crunches! YOU can do it!
  • stehale1972
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just don't do it everyday, your body needs time to recover. Also vary the exercises between planks and crunches, that way, your body won't get used to one exercise, and work slightly different parts of your stomach each time.

Variety reduces the chances of you getting bored too! :wink:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    You quit after 5? Keep going girl!! I do crunches of all kinds for 20 straight minutes or more. Lay on your back and put your hands behind your head and bring your head up a bit and then pull your legs up toward your chest one at a time and kick out like your riding a bike. While doing that touch your right elbow to your left knee as your bring that knee towards your chest.

I have an ultimate abs video (so old the music is sour) But I love it. It's 10 minutes of warm up and stretches and 20 minutes of crunches. First time I did that video I got only half way through and then had to take small breaks but kept going. Sure it hurts. I was sore the day after. Not anymore. I can do that video 2x's in a row and still feel like I can do more.

I was fat once. I also have MS, Fibro, RA, herniated discs and my hips like to dislocate on me. YOU can certainly do more than 5 crunches. Every day do 5 more then 5 more etc. You'll get there.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    20 minutes of crunches?!? Ouch. I need to try that situp link mentioned above!