Juicing

Options
turtleohs
turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
Hi all, I am sure this has been asked before but a quick search didnt yield any answers... For juicing...how do you put that in your journal? Do you just put in as if you were eating the fruit or vegetable itself?

Also - If anyone has any favorite juice recipes, send them my way :)

Replies

• Jegfitgoal
    Jegfitgoal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing about how to log juices. I did want to tell you were I found a bunch of great juice recipes though! Williams Sonoma website -- look at the recipes link and find juice. They've got the juice recipes displayed really neat ... the whole page is different color juices in glasses and if you click on a glass, it brings up the recipe. I love one of the green juices shown at the bottom of the page. It has Kale, kiwi, apples and a bunch of other things. Enjoy!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If you use a juicer which doesn't include everything from the fruit or veggie, I would personally log it as the whole fruit or veggie but make sure you add in extra fiber as a juicer tends to remove fiber along with some nutrients in the items juiced. I"m not sure if Google will give you a better result.

My mother makes a green juice with a blender so she gets all the nutrients from the item... much easier to log.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    There are 4 calories in 1 gram so you need to subtract that from the total amount of the fruit or vegetable. Personally I love kale, spinach, cucumber and 1 small granny smith apple. Enjoy!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    There are 4 calories in 1 gram so you need to subtract that from the total amount of the fruit or vegetable. Personally I love kale, spinach, cucumber and 1 small granny smith apple. Enjoy!

Sorry, 4 calories in 1 gram of fiber
  • turtleohs
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing about how to log juices. I did want to tell you were I found a bunch of great juice recipes though! Williams Sonoma website -- look at the recipes link and find juice. They've got the juice recipes displayed really neat ... the whole page is different color juices in glasses and if you click on a glass, it brings up the recipe. I love one of the green juices shown at the bottom of the page. It has Kale, kiwi, apples and a bunch of other things. Enjoy!

Thanks for the Williams Sanoma Website rec. I will check it out. I have a few juicing pages on facebook I like. So far my favorite juice is Pineapple, Sweet Potato & Carrot!
  • turtleohs
    Options

Thanks!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Most juices are in the database. Just search for "raw juice __________" where ________ is kale, cucumber, celery, carrot, apple, orange, beet, spinach, fennel, pear, grapes, cilantro, whatever.

I usually make a juice as a recipe and then add the recipe to my food log, just because it seems over done to put 5 or 6 different juices all in the log separately. I juice daily and start a juice fast tomorrow actually so if you want to add me feel free or you can just look at my diary for examples of what juices I am making.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • turtleohs
    Options
    Most juices are in the database. Just search for "raw juice __________" where ________ is kale, cucumber, celery, carrot, apple, orange, beet, spinach, fennel, pear, grapes, cilantro, whatever.

I usually make a juice as a recipe and then add the recipe to my food log, just because it seems over done to put 5 or 6 different juices all in the log separately. I juice daily and start a juice fast tomorrow actually so if you want to add me feel free or you can just look at my diary for examples of what juices I am making.

Cheers! :drinker:

Great! That's helpful... I was not looking up raw juice so that will help. Ill add you!
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

your body doesnt absorb the whole 4 calories because most of it is indigestible
    count is as 2
  • PRIMEJuicers
    PRIMEJuicers Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here. I've used juices in the database, but I know they aren't exact, because my recipes vary. It's a good start though and close enough. I'm going to undertake creating my own sometime.

I love the Juicing Bible. You can get it on Amazon and it has lots of good information as well as recipes for smoothies.

Happy juicing!
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love the juice builder at http://myphytos.com/build

You just enter in your ingredients and it calculates a 1 cup serving. . .it has almost every ingredient. . .couldn't find mint but makes it super easy.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the website, this will help me with my daily juicing.
  • turtleohs
    Options
    I love the juice builder at http://myphytos.com/build

You just enter in your ingredients and it calculates a 1 cup serving. . .it has almost every ingredient. . .couldn't find mint but makes it super easy.

Oh, awesome! Love that!
  • cwright1976
    cwright1976 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this website - it's so valuable!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :happy: