What's on your playlist?

Options
A while back, my boyfriend and I were discussing the music we prefer to listen to while working out. Up until the last couple years, I always followed the crowd and put on something heavy and angry, like Saliva or Powerman5000. But since I started doing Zumba, I LOVE getting on the elliptical or strength training and just jamming out to some bass-pumping club music like P!nk or Pitbull (love him!).

My boyfriend still prefers the heavy, raging music like Five Finger Death Punch and Avenged Sevenfold. I'll admit, any time Hollywood Undead or classic Linkin Park comes on my iPod, I can't bring myself to hit skip. One of my best friends said she gets revved up by Jason Aldean's song Johnny Cash.

But the two songs that ALWAYS push me that much harder are My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light 'Em Up) by Fall Out Boy and The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes feat. Ryan Tedder. What kind of music gets you guys moving, or is there one song in particular?

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Let's see.. For running there is a fair amount of Katy Perry, Rihanna and Lady Gaga. Also keen on Switchfoot, Jimmy Eat World and Jack's Mannequin. I really only listen to music when running so I suppose that's it. I do have some paced running music/remixes as well, can't really remember what though. I could add some P!nk, right up my alley.
  • KaylaConrose
    Options
    I find myself listen to the same songs over again like Kesha's Die Young, Four Year's Strong Bada bing wit a pipe, ect.
    Pop Punk is really good that kind of thing because of the pace
  • Se_hall
    Se_hall Posts: 7
    Options
    I DO NOT listen to this kind of music outside of my gym playlist...

DJ Tiesto - C'mon (AMAZING running song)
    Eminem - Til I Collapse
    Kanye - Power
    Cake - Going the Distance

I also have a few Mumford and Sons songs and Alex Clare (Up All Night and Hummingbird) on my list.

That's all I can think of for now!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I actually have a blog called 365 days of exercise music. I created it because I was getting sick and tired of listening to the same things over and over. I have everything from old rock and roll, alternative, hip hop, pop, rap, grunge...there is something for everyone. I post 7 new songs every Sunday. Feel free to follow me :)

http://365daysofexercisemusic.blogspot.com/2013_01_01_archive.html
  • kittenkirst
    kittenkirst Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My playlist is quite mixed and I regularly make new ones so I don't get bored.
    -Jimmy Eat World- The middle/ Pain/sweetness
    -marilyn mansun- fight somg/saint
    -foo fighters- stacked actors
    -the music- freedom fighters
    -hard fi- tied up too tight/ cash nachine
    -taio cruz- dynamite
    -kesha- tik tok
    -glee- heads will roll/thriller
    -nerd- rockstar (jason nevins mix)
    -linkin park- by myself/ breaking the habit
    -paramore- crushcrush
    -stroke 9-little backpack
    Goo goo dolls- slide/broadway
    Audioslave- cochise/show me how to live
    Incubus- vitamin/redefine/certain shade of green
    Slipknot- duality
    Third eye blind- semi charmed life
    Roling stones- paint it black

Then any fall out boy, panic at the disco, cure, depeche mode, avenged sevenfold tracks that take my fancy :0)
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of trance while I run... Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Ferry Corsten, John O'Callaghan.

When I do yoga, I tend more towards J Dilla style hip-hop, Massive Attack, Phantogram.