Hi. I'm starting over. Again.

Options
I was on MFP most of last year. I worked out five days a week, ate well, and generally felt so much better. I lost 35 pounds.

I ran my first, and only, 5K in September. I did the Warrior Dash. It pretty much destroyed my running shoes, and I couldn't afford to buy new shoes, so my exercising lapsed, followed quickly by the healthy eating habits. It didn't help that we hit some money problems later in the year and I had to give up my beloved YMCA membership. I've gained all 35 pounds, and likely more, back. Looking at recent photos of myself in a bathing suit from a beach vacation my husband, child, and I took two weeks ago very quickly kicked my motivation back into high gear. I'm ready to start over. I'm very disappointed in myself how much I completely let all my hard work go.

I've recently been promoted, so I'm making significantly more, which means I'll be able to start going to the Y again. I bought myself a new pair of running shoes - Nike Lunarglides, which I was in love with for quite some time - and began Couch to 5K for about the fourth time (I was running 5 -6 miles as of last fall). I'm looking forward to making progress again and staying motivated this time. I had 70 pounds or so to lose last year, now I'm guessing it's probably closer to 80 this time.

Replies

• LynnMartin78
    LynnMartin78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I went on my first weight loss journey 4 years ago. Goal was to lose 30 pounds. I lost it all on another online program But then my job changed which required me to travel 100% of the time. It was difficult for me to stay motivated on my weight maintenance beacuse I was eating out all the time with clients and co-workers.....hard to keep to a diet routine when you live out of a hotel. I gained all my 30 pounds back plus 15....

I fell into a deep depression and kept eating more and more. Finally, in December last year, I decided enough was enough. However I knew the other online program was just not gonna cut it this time. So January I began my new journey. I haven't gotten off the couch yet, but I have lost 14 pounds by just doing different things each month. January I cut out all soda...I only drink water now. I lost 5 pounds just by doing that, still eating terribly. February I start logging in MFP and have lost another 9 pounds so far by logging my food faithfully, but ensuring I am eating natural foods as much as possible.

This month I want to introduce excercise into my routine and cut out fast food.....but I am a naturaly lazy person, so baby steps for me. I have a goal of losing 45 pounds by end of this year....the bf and i are going to australia for a month, so I want our pictures to be easy to look at, if you know what I mean. I was looking at pictures from a wedding I was in last year and never felt more insecure in my life. MFP seems to be working for me so far, so I will keep at it and continue to do different things each month to confuse my metabolism.

We can do it!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!!!!!

We can't change yesterday, but we can affect today and tomorrow and ...... :)
  • jkbrown63
    jkbrown63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The important thing is that you are starting over. That's all that matters. This time you know you can do it and you know how good you felt so that can be your motivator.
  • fabry12
    fabry12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    do not worry about the past, is the future where you have to focus now!
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! We can do all do this together :)
  • ilovesparkle
    ilovesparkle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you came back! A lot of people don't after going through what you did.

You can do it, and everyone here on MFP is here to see and push you to succeed!
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm starting "Round 2" also. Feel free to add me :)
  • Selia5167
    Options
    Starting over myself! I did well for a while last year, then lapsed this year, and then went on a 2 week all-inclusive vaction to Aruba. Yikes! Got on the scale this morning, back on MFP.