Any good cleanse recommendations?

Options
With the holidays over, I thought it would be a good time to kick start my clean eating and exercise routines by doing a cleanse. I'm looking for a healthy, natural diet, or cleanse program? I am looking for a program that offers more benefits than just losing weight fast. Any recommendations would be great!
Thanks much :)

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Eat whole foods, especially lots of veggies.

When you get proper nutrition, your body works best!
  • courtneybrooke27
    courtneybrooke27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement :) After doing lots of research today, most of the 'cleanses' that I was interested in were ones that just gave you a meal plan for clean eating, which included a lot of whole foods. I'm sure I'll start to feel better after a few days of clean eating again!
  • annerbzonum
    annerbzonum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is a cleanse my aunt sent me - I plan on trying it May 1st, just because I find it easier to start things at the beginning of a month rather than in the middle of it.

Cleanse
    Days 1-3, fast. Drink lots of water, water with lemon, herbal tea (caffeine free), diluted non-citrus fruit juice (I like grape and cranberry. They taste the best watered down. 1/2 juice 1/2 water).
    Avoid stressful situations and strenuous exercise. I eat dinner on the third day due to passing out one time. You will be irritable and exhausted by the third day.

Days 4-8, You can eat non-citrus fruits, brown rice and vegetables. I usually steam my veggies or sometimes saute them in a little olive oil.
    This gets kind of boring so mix up your veggie choices. After a few days of this you can do light exercise such as walking for 30 min.

Days 9-14, Add chicken and fish to the diet you are already on. Grilled or steamed is best. Using different spices can help with the boring.
    After a few days of this you can increase your exercise.

After this you can add dairy and other things back into your diet but be smart about how much. By this time smaller portions should fill you up. The more things you add to your diet the less you should have of others. (ie; once you add the chicken and fish you should only be eating maybe half of the amount of brown rice you were before.) You will feel better and have more energy. Not need to sleep in as long, etc.
    As a side note, try not to start this process when you have celebrations or special occasions coming up. These things make it hard to stay on track.