Vitamins that promote weight loss?

Options
Does anyone know of any particular vitamins that make it easier to lose weight in any ways? Or things to just make sure you're taking when you're on a diet?
Thanks!! :)

Replies

• Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't know of anything to help speed weight loss but as you track your intake of food on MFP it will become obvious that you are not taking in enough of certain things.

I found my intake of potassium, magnesium, and calcium are all low and I need to supplement them to avoid being deficient. It may not help me to lose weight but I expect it helps me to be healthier and believe it or not, I can actually feel the difference.

Edited to add: On second thought, since I've been supplementing my diet I do feel more energetic and that probably makes it easier to get out and get some exercise. I'm not sure there is any magic pill but making sure your body has everything it needs to accomplish all the thousands of processes that are going on can't hurt. :)
  • kran
    kran Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have heard CQ10 and l-carnitine can help with weight loss. I have not tried them together. But, on the plus side they are both good for your heart regardless.:heart:
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    I don't have one specific one to recommend that promotes weight-loss. I have found that taking a multi-vitamin is absolutely necassary for me in my weight loss journey.
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I have heard that vitamin c will help facilitate the metabolizing of fat.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin is a must. In the past I've also taken parsley, kelp and chickweed. Now I just have a daily Shakeology shake instead of the multivitamin. My Dr also told me to take 1200mg filsh oil twice a day. I do that Mon-Fri because I have them on my desk at work. I usually forget on the weekends when I'm at home.
  • rich10
    rich10 Posts: 1
    Options
    I’ve read an article at PureandHealthy that resveratrol can help you lose weight. Here’s the link: http://www.pureandhealthy.com/
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    For a long time I have taken guarana (for energy), white willow bark (for muscle repair), fish oil (for muscle growth) and a multi. I have had wonderful results with this grouping.
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin which is essential for me in my weight loss because I have noticed when I don't take the multi-vitamin I feel sluggish and just all together bad and not myself.

I also am taking 2-4 oz. of pure organic Acai which has helped tremendously with my energy levels and it also has leveled off my in between meal snacking. Can't say if it has sped up my weight loss since my average weekly weight loss is 3 lbs. per week and that has not increased any. But I can feel the energy from the Acai and I don't snack in between meals as much anymore.
  • nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I read on Wife's Biotin Supplement that Biotin has an essential role in helping the body metabolize proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.

Biotin also helps the body process glucose. These roles in metabolism help the body produce energy more efficiently, which may help reduce feelings of fatigue that are caused by metabolism problems"

But it also said...That this was not validated by FDA
  • MrsE2010
    MrsE2010 Posts: 63
    Options
    Very interesting.....I'm curious about this too.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I take Women's One A Day Active Metabolism. I just started taking it about a week ago and I love the energy boost it gives me. I was in need of a Vitamin and this one seemed to fit me best.
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • asdf1234
    asdf1234 Posts: 1
    Options
    Admire you sexygenious for such a great self discipline, but I suggest to be more vigilant on what you’re taking specially those pills coz it may be harm you and coz you trouble. Like us (me and my sister) I ask first our family doctor regarding these and ask for recommendation and pureandhealthy.com is one of the highly recommended.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You def want to take a good multi-vitamin, daily! That will be the key to supplement what you are not getting in your daily diet ;) In addition, you can also supplement with a B-Complex vitamin which can promote weight loss, but is also good for other vital functions in your body. Vitamin D is also another great supplement and most people are slightly deficient as well.

In regards to "supplements"...there are a few others such as Bee Pollen, Aloe Vera Juice...etc. Google the info on them. They are great for not just weight loss, but overall health, detoxification of the body, immune health, etc. As with any supplement, there are also risks taking them :) Check it out! I personally take them both and swear by them, not just for weight loss, but for my complete overall health!
  • DZFitness
    DZFitness Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Take a multivitamin, b-complex and fish/flaxseed oil every day, but always remember that 90% of your weight loss/body transformation is going to come from your diet, that's why they're called supplements.

"great abs are built in the kitchen" :smile:
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bump, again.