Question on my fitnesspal tracking water

Options
So the site tracks how many cups of water you drink, if you so choose to track this.

My question is, what exactly does this do, on the site itself? I'm not asking about the benefits of drinking water, but rather what does tracking the water I drink, actually do on this site itself? Is it part of any calculations for determining net gains or in other ways?

I don't see what the benefit is, of tracking the water on this site.

Thanks, Zanatar.

Replies

• jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It is for your own benefit. It does nothing to your stats. I use it to keep myself accountable for the amount of water I drink. When I post my food if I have no water to post it makes me feel really guilty so I go drink some..lol.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Nothing, nothing, and no. It is just a tool there if you want to use it. I am a the type of person that likes to track any and everything and I'm always forgetting to track water. However, I know that I drink at least 6 16oz bottles per day. If someone knows they don't drink enough water and wants to keep track of how much they are drinking, they can opt to use that tool.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Drinking plenty of water will help with weight loss. It will make you feel more full if you drink a lot and also helps with water retention that might throw your scale off randomly otherwise. That is why it's a tool available on MFP. It doesn't alter the other stuff (macronutrients, calories, etc.)
  • zanatar
    zanatar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for you replies. Very helpful.

Thanks, Zanatar.