It doesn't matter the breakdown of calories

Options
It really doesn't matter the breakdown of your calories after all (fat, carbs, protein) ... it all comes down to calories.

Great article ...

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/weightloss/diet-type-or-calories-lost-whats-best-weight-loss

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Oh darn. I was hoping it would say that fat grams don't matter at all. :) Haha. I wish. Good article. Thanks.
  • Hathor
    Hathor Posts: 15
    Options
    Very interesting report, thank you for posting it
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    Options
    Yeah, I've read how none of the types of diet really have an advantage. Its just a matter of being mindful like we're doing here logging.

Though...

Creating good muscle helps you lose weight, though I'm not well versed in exactly how that's so. And there's advantages to being mindful of foods for training:

http://www.intense-workout.com/post_workout.html
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Everyone is wired differently, though. Some respond well to low sugar, others don't. Some respond well to low carb, others don't. I know some people love low carb and they say it works for them but I lose weigh just fine eating a lot of carbs. I'm at 50%... I probably only eat about 40%, though.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter the breakdown of your calories after all (fat, carbs, protein) ... it all comes down to calories.

Great article ...

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/weightloss/diet-type-or-calories-lost-whats-best-weight-loss

Well I think that is an overall generalization because it does say "As long as your diet is balanced and healthy overall, you can lose weight and keep a good amount of it off if you watch the calories"

Balanced and healthy. You can't have 1200 calories of ice cream and lose weight. But if your carbs are high one day, or your fat, or something else, as along as your diet is overall BALANCED, you will be on the right track.

L
  • chubloss
    chubloss Posts: 4
    Options
    For weight loss, the breakdown does not matter. For long term health it does.

FAT (saturated and trans) clogs the arteries
    = heart attack and stroke
    = death (or a miserable life of pills or machines to keep you alive).

SUGAR raises blood sugar levels
    = diabetes and high blood pressure
    = premature death (see above)

SALT raises blood pressure
    = pills
    = (see above)

HEALTHY/WELL-BALANCED
    = low fat, low sugar, low salt
    = high fiber, mainly fruit and vegetables, whole grains, low fat meat/alternatives/dairy, healthy fats, water
    = daily exercise
    = live your life playing with your kids or grand-kids instead of watching from the sidelines because you can't move/breathe.

See you all in the produce aisles :)
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    chubloss, well said. I liked that. :drinker: