Things I did't know I was missing

Options
Hi all!
Now that I am finally losing some weight, I am realizing just how much was missing in my life....

~ like my breath.. I can walk down the road or up stairs without feeling like I am going to pass out.
~like my energy.. I now feel like getting up and getting out of my house.
~ like time spent with my family
~like being able to go to a restaurant and not having to worry if I will "fit" in a booth
~like feeling normal, having peace

for years these missing parts of life were literally filled up with....me...too much me

What have you gained by losing??

Replies

• TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I havent lost any yet so not sure. Though it is inspiring to read your list.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Being able to run for more than 5 seconds!

How delicious salads are!

How crappy soda and fast food were making me feel until I stopped.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss! You look great!
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    A newfound love for exercising outside vs. inside where I would workout because I was too embarrassed to be seen!!!
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Being able to go hiking/walking/jogging/sight seeing on foot without hating it because it felt like "work", enjoying going to the gym and challenging myself, knowing that I am not powerless... and hopefully there will be many more to come! :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I like the idea of this post. I think when I get further along I'll write down the things I didnt know I was missing but discovered.

Nice idea.
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    self consciousness. now that i feel better and know that i can run, i've lost my awkwardness. i race the kids home from school knowing i wont be out of breath in 30 seconds. i wouldn't have dared do that a year ago, and not through laziness, just that i thought i'd look so ridiculous. now i dont care :)
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just how freaking GREAT healthy food tastes...I don't even want a Big Mac now...give me my favorite baked veggies and tofu, please!

How nice people are to me now that I am slimmer vs. when I was heavier...sad but true...
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Never thought I'd be able to jog for 20 whole minutes... did that for the first time the other day. Very satisfying to feel so much healthier.
  • drosen32
    drosen32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's more what I don't miss. I don't miss overeating any more. That used to be a somewhat normal thing.
    I bike, so what I don't miss is the struggle of climbing hills. Now, I race up them. I don't miss my stomach.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    how I can actually run now not for a long time but a whole lot longer than before, I look forward to working out every single day, I didn't know I would love feeling my body change and gaining muscle I always thought muscles were for men but now I want to look nice and toned I still have a ways to go but can't wait till I have that look. I didn't realize how bad fast food was for my body and how disgusting it really tastes and how bad it made me feel after I ate it. I didn't realize what a lack of confidence I had now I know I'm starting to look good again still a long way to go but I'm starting to see the changes!!!
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ~like being able to go to a restaurant and not having to worry if I will "fit" in a booth

The booth was a big one for me!

Now I am planning to do some other things I have denied myself:
    Fit in a movie seat again.
    Fly in an airplane again.
    Ride a roller coaster again.
    Try a waterslide for thefirst time
    Ride a horse for the first time

Still on my "debating wether or not to try" list:
    Snow skiing
    water skiing
    Go ice skating again

Probably wont try even though I am now in the weight range:
    Bungee jumping
    Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane

There's probably more to add to this list.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on all those awesome NSV's and your weight loss!!!

I have gained a lot more than I lost :happy:
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have gained a lot more than I lost :happy:
    [/quote]

That is an awesome way to put it ! Thanks seaglass
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options

The booth was a big one for me!

Now I am planning to do some other things I have denied myself:
    Fit in a movie seat again.
    Fly in an airplane again.
    Ride a roller coaster again.
    Try a waterslide for thefirst time
    Ride a horse for the first time

Still on my "debating wether or not to try" list:
    Snow skiing
    water skiing
    Go ice skating again

Probably wont try even though I am now in the weight range:
    Bungee jumping
    Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane

There's probably more to add to this list.

you sound like just how I have felt. Keep up the awesome work :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!