The Fast Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• ClareKaczmarek
    Options
    So on your fasting days, do you eat nothing all day or just a really low calorie intake? I would be worried that when it comes time for exercise, which I usually do in the evenings, I would pass out, lol. Do you only fast 2 days a week? I have never heard of this, someone enlighten me on how this works!
    You eat 500 calories for two days per week (600 for men), and then eat 'normally' for 5 days a week. There are other variations of the diet, but the one I follow is called 'The Fast Diet', of '5:2' diet.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/why-fast/

With regards to exercise, I generally fast on a Monday and go to Bootcamp / circuits class in the evening and I find that it doesn't really affect my performance :)
  • melmckay99
    Options
    I've been about 3-4 lbs away from my goal weight for well over a month now and can't seem to lose it, I am wondering if a change like this in my diet would help. Has anyone here used it just for the last few pounds, or is it something better suited to kick off a weight loss program and expect big results from?
  • ClareKaczmarek
    Options
    I've been about 3-4 lbs away from my goal weight for well over a month now and can't seem to lose it, I am wondering if a change like this in my diet would help. Has anyone here used it just for the last few pounds, or is it something better suited to kick off a weight loss program and expect big results from?
    I think when you reach your goal weight on the Fast Diet, you are advised to drop down one fast day per week so perhaps you tried fasting one day a week initially to see if it shifts the last few pounds??
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi I started this week quite a few of my friends on here are doing it, I am finding it ok weigh tomorrow so will see then. I do keep under 1400 for three of the other days and then I have a real treat on the weekend although try not to go above 2000 then. I feel good about it as it means I can still enjoy my weekends.
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i have just decided to do a full 4 days i started on tuesday 6am to 6pm
    today its a 24 hour fast so it started yesterday ate at 6pm and will eat tonight at 6.pm
    will try to keep it high protein
  • Angie1366
    Options
    So on your fasting days, do you eat nothing all day or just a really low calorie intake? I would be worried that when it comes time for exercise, which I usually do in the evenings, I would pass out, lol. Do you only fast 2 days a week? I have never heard of this, someone enlighten me on how this works!

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/
  • Angie1366
    Angie1366 Posts: 85
    Options
    Wanted to BUMP this as I have now lost 22lbs since 3rd January doing the 5:2 Fast Diet xxx 10 kg milestone.. only 2kgs left to go!!!!