"1/2Year Resolution starts July 1st

Options

Replies

• cricket12
    cricket12 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love setting rewards for goals.. i have been thinking of what i want mine to be..
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Everyone just a useful tip. Cardio alone will not slim your body you must tone and strength those muscle under the fat to help burn more calories.

30-45 minutes of cardio at least 3 days a week and at least 2 days of 30-45 strength training and toning will show you better results than cardio alone. If you can get more cardio and toning in the same workout that is even better.

Have fun! Workout to lift your spirits and feel better about your self and the weigh will come off.
  • princesspurple
    Options

Welcome
    How do you like Insanity? I'm a Beach Body Coach but haven't tried it yet.

Keep up the good work.

I love insanity...I start sweating very quickly-way more than i do when I run...Shaun T makes me move!
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options

Welcome
    How do you like Insanity? I'm a Beach Body Coach but haven't tried it yet.

Keep up the good work.

I love insanity...I start sweating very quickly-way more than i do when I run...Shaun T makes me move!

I may have to try it now. I haven't had anybody to ask about it before.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    hi everyone
    today is my rest day...but I did some housework and have a little yard work to do as well. dh is to arrive home from Canada by tomorrow eve....been missin him. keeping it clean with my eats.

stars...so if I am doing a weighted ball workout that lasts about 24 minutes...that isn't enough? I have 3,5,8 & 10 lb free wts. Yesterday I did BL sculpt and tone..19 minutes. I have the BL cardio max too...which is kinda like JM 30 day shred (combining aerobic and free wts) will I have to increase my calories? and what do you think about BMR calories....should we ever go under that? hope you don't mind me askin'....coach :wink:
  • Starr1305
    Starr1305 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today i went swmming with my class even though the water was super cold i made it a point to stay in the whole two hours. I even went off the diving board during the pool break and my kids loved it. I also ate a decent meal for all three meals and we kicked the soccer ball around a little bit after dinner. It was great.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    hi everyone
    today is my rest day...but I did some housework and have a little yard work to do as well. dh is to arrive home from Canada by tomorrow eve....been missin him. keeping it clean with my eats.

stars...so if I am doing a weighted ball workout that lasts about 24 minutes...that isn't enough? I have 3,5,8 & 10 lb free wts. Yesterday I did BL sculpt and tone..19 minutes. I have the BL cardio max too...which is kinda like JM 30 day shred (combining aerobic and free wts) will I have to increase my calories? and what do you think about BMR calories....should we ever go under that? hope you don't mind me askin'....coach :wink:

Kelly
    I would aim for 30-45 minutes a day of cardio at least 3 days week. I prefer to do cardio /toning for 45-60 minutes b/c you burn more calories and tone at the same time.
    BL Cardio Max should count as your cardio at least 3 days a week. (Days 1,3,5) BL Sculpt and Tone 2-3 days a week. (Days 2, 4, and/or 6) Take day 7 off.
    If I haven't confused you enough. This is what I would do Cardio Max and then the weighted ball on days 1,3,5. Then Do Sculpt and Tone and walking or running on days 2,4,6.

Don't change you calories. Just enter you food and exercise as normal. I would log you Cardio Max as High Impact assuming your heart rate is staying up. Toning and Sculpting I would log as low impact.

What days are you running for your C25k?
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    Today i went swmming with my class even though the water was super cold i made it a point to stay in the whole two hours. I even went off the diving board during the pool break and my kids loved it. I also ate a decent meal for all three meals and we kicked the soccer ball around a little bit after dinner. It was great.

Great Job, taking it one day at at time any activity is good activity. You know you burned more calories in the cold water, because your body had to heat it up to keep you warm. Yeah for eating good. Keep it up.
  • cricket12
    cricket12 Posts: 5
    Options
    I had a GREAT workout this morning. 35 minutes of cardio. Great way to kick off my day! Weighed before and after workout and actually lost 1.4 lbs! I was stoked! I dropped 4 lbs since yesterday (yes i know some of that was water weight) BUT still a great encouragement!! Look forward to eating right today and throughout the holiday weekend.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    DAY #2:
    Had Shakeology Chocolate Shake for Lunch (day1) and Turbo Jam (Day1).
  • Starr1305
    Starr1305 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well today. Ate late dinner and I went over my cal intake by 440. I know that tomorrow is another day, but I feel super guilty about eating late and eating junk. I guess feeling guilty is a start....right? I plan to do better tomorrow. Maybe even get on the eliptical.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Day 1 right on for cals and my rest day.
    Day 2 Did C25K yesterday and did ok w/food til supper...no way of calc cals. will have to drink some extra water and add more exercise today.
  • aepete01
    aepete01 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well today is the 3rd but can I still join? Like everyone does every year one of my goals was to lose weight for the year. This is the heaviest I've ever been in my life and my blood pressure is starting to get higher and I'm only 19 so I need to put an end to this. I would also love to be the size i used to be a coupla years ago because I don't want to be fat and miserable all through my college life. I'm going to the beach this October but I'm not sure what a good goal to aim for would be? I'm 182 right now, at one point I went from 187 to 179 but I gained some of it back. Need help staying motived!
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    Well today is the 3rd but can I still join? Like everyone does every year one of my goals was to lose weight for the year. This is the heaviest I've ever been in my life and my blood pressure is starting to get higher and I'm only 19 so I need to put an end to this. I would also love to be the size i used to be a coupla years ago because I don't want to be fat and miserable all through my college life. I'm going to the beach this October but I'm not sure what a good goal to aim for would be? I'm 182 right now, at one point I went from 187 to 179 but I gained some of it back. Need help staying motived!

It is never to late to join. We are just trying to get the second half of our year back on track.

Think positive, you can do anything you put your mind to doing. Start with small goals they are easier to achieve and don't seem so daunting. Am for losing 10 lbs at a time, then reward yourself with new book, cd, movie, or new top.

Tips **Drink a lot of water add Special K protein packs (favorite was Strawberry-Kiwi) to it to help you feel fuller longer between meals.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    I didn't do so well today. Ate late dinner and I went over my cal intake by 440. I know that tomorrow is another day, but I feel super guilty about eating late and eating junk. I guess feeling guilty is a start....right? I plan to do better tomorrow. Maybe even get on the eliptical.

Feel guilty means you know the right thing for your body, sometime we do that, but as long as you don't make it a habit. I try to get in a late afternoon snack so I'm not starved when we eat late, then I brush my teeth so I do't eat again after dinner.

One day at a time.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    DAY #3: 1/2 Year Challenge - Today was my day off. I went grocery shopping and ran errands all day. Drank my Shakeolgy and stayed under my calories intake. I'm going to try to workout tomorrow even though I don't usually workout on Sunday. Hubby has Monday Off and I may not get to workout when he is home.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Happy 4th! well, didn't get my workout in yesterday, so I am going to today...not normally a day I work out, but after yesterday's cookout, needed!
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    Happy 4th

Day #4: I did TurboJam "Learn and Burn" burned 310 calories in 29 minutes.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    Day #5: TurboJam "Learn & Burn" & "Ab Jam" burning 513 calories in 49 minutes.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    Day #6 : burned 505 calories doing 49 minutes of cardio exercises, including TurboJam "Learn & Burn" & "20 Minute".. That was a great workout. I wish I had a pool to jump in right now.

Where is everyone?