WHICH SCALE??

Options
I have put up with my bathroom scale for 2 years... hating it every day. Today I had a revelation.... I should BUY A NEW SCALE! lol

The one I have was a good one that is suppose to measure body fat, bmi, water percent...etc. i think it lies. In fact, I know it lies because it gives me a different number every time I step off or on. I know I'm not gaining 2 or 3 pounds in ONE minute!

So... what should I buy? Who has a good scale... where did you buy it.... why do you like it?

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i just use the one at the gym
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I just changed the battery last week on my scale cause it was doing that.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor body-fat analyzer scale that I bought at Target nearly 10 years ago. I don't know about the accuracy of the body-fat analysis (although it seems to approximate that which I have found from online calculators), but as a scale it is *dead-on* down to the 1/10th of the pound - completely identical to the weights I get on the scale at the doctor's office. The other thing I really like about it is that it doesn't bounce around weights all the time. If I get off and get back on, it will give me the same weight. I'm sure the same model is no longer available, but I've been very happy with my Taylor scale.
  • KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did some research before buying my scale and decided that it's not worth buying one with body fat measurements etc. Apparently it's technologically almost impossible to add relatively accurate measurements of body fat to a regular bathroom scale. So I just went for a scale that would be good in measuring weigh. I got Eatsmart scale (link below), and I love it. It gives me good, and I love how precise it is. I can step on it 5 times in a row and I will get the same result, then repeat with a dumbbell and it will be exactly as it should be. When you move it it will automatically recallibrate, but you should always place it one flat surface.

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365100034&sr=8-2&keywords=scale
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LOL! I went through the same thing with my scale! I just bought a Withings WiFi scale. My husband really likes gadgets so he talked me into this one. It automatically syncs with a smartphone app (and MFP!) to track your weight. The best part is - it's consistent and I don't have to fiddle with it to get it to work. It was about $100 through Amazon.

I like the accountability because I used to only record my weight when it went down. Now I can see the reality of weight fluctuations and that actually makes me feel a lot better.
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    hmmm.... probably have never changed my battery. Going to try that!
  • jennyredfern
    Options
    I have a Taylor body-fat analyzer scale that I bought at Target nearly 10 years ago. I don't know about the accuracy of the body-fat analysis (although it seems to approximate that which I have found from online calculators), but as a scale it is *dead-on* down to the 1/10th of the pound - completely identical to the weights I get on the scale at the doctor's office. The other thing I really like about it is that it doesn't bounce around weights all the time. If I get off and get back on, it will give me the same weight. I'm sure the same model is no longer available, but I've been very happy with my Taylor scale.

Sweet! I will be looking into Taylor!
  • jennyredfern
    Options
    Hi! I did some research before buying my scale and decided that it's not worth buying one with body fat measurements etc. Apparently it's technologically almost impossible to add relatively accurate measurements of body fat to a regular bathroom scale. So I just went for a scale that would be good in measuring weigh. I got Eatsmart scale (link below), and I love it. It gives me good, and I love how precise it is. I can step on it 5 times in a row and I will get the same result, then repeat with a dumbbell and it will be exactly as it should be. When you move it it will automatically recallibrate, but you should always place it one flat surface.

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365100034&sr=8-2&keywords=scale

Cool.... I will consider this one for sure! Thanks!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I have the "lesser" version of the EatSmart scales, and I like it. It's precise as far as I can tell. It's this one:

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1365114339&sr=1-1&keywords=scale+eatsmart

ETA: Something to note with the EatSmart scales: they stand by their product. If you have trouble with it for any reason, you can either post a review on Amazon stating your issues, or contact them, and they will send you a replacement to make it right, because lemons do make it through the production line sometimes...or sometimes, products just have issues after a little use.
  • jennyredfern
    Options
    LOL! I went through the same thing with my scale! I just bought a Withings WiFi scale. My husband really likes gadgets so he talked me into this one. It automatically syncs with a smartphone app (and MFP!) to track your weight. The best part is - it's consistent and I don't have to fiddle with it to get it to work. It was about $100 through Amazon.

I like the accountability because I used to only record my weight when it went down. Now I can see the reality of weight fluctuations and that actually makes me feel a lot better.

I'm a gadget freak! I need this if it automatically syncs! :D Does it upload the information daily? Soooo Cool!!!
  • PagiePuju
    PagiePuju Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Withings WiFi Scale. It's great and automatically syncs with MFP once you link them together.
  • fivesilentmiles
    fivesilentmiles Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Aria scale I got for Christmas to go with my Fitbit .... I love it, certainly not for the body fat % (because it jumps around a lot, lol) but because it also syncs with MFP and holds me accountable so now instead of only logging weight loss, if I hop on and happened to have gained a bit, it will tell me and my MFP friends, so it's more motivation to keep going and working hard.

That, and I used to weigh every other day or so just to stay on track (with my traditional scale), but now I'm more confident that I can weigh in once a week instead of becoming obsessive :)