How to eat throughout the day!

Options
Hi friends,
I am starting my weight loss journey. I only need to lose about 5 pounds. Is the dreaded last five pounds that seem so stubborn.
I am new to "weight loss." What are your tips and tricks?

Is there a good time to workout? Do you find eating protein in the morning helps? Do you stop eating at a certain time, etc.?

Any opinions are welcome! :)
Thank you for your time!

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am like you, just trying to lose about 3-5 lbs. My tips are that I do eat 3 meals a day, but I snack ALOT between meals on veggies, hard boiled egg whites, sugar free popsicles, gum, etc, so I don't get hungry as much. I also save room for a treat when I'm watching TV at night. I try to limit carbs to before lunchtime. I work out whenever my schedule allows. Good luck!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    When you eat and how often are up to personal preference. Meal timing and frequency is irrelevant. I skip breakfast and lunch. I eat from 7pm-11pm because that's what works for me. I lift fasted and eat a ton when I get home from the gym.
  • ThinWithin2013
    Options
    Hey there, justsomerando,
    Is there a reason you skip breakfast and lunch? Are you just not hungry. I am not trying to be disrespectful, I am just asking out of curiosity.

Do you find it easy to skip those meals?
  • racz45
    racz45 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in agreement with justsomerando. I have more than five pounds to lose, but intermittent fasting (IF) has been working like a champ for me. I do it a little bit differently though. My feeding period is from 12pm to 8pm. I eat two meals in this time frame. So I feed for 8 hours and fast for 16 hours. The biggest benefit to this, in my mind, is the fact that you don't have to eat throughout the day. You simply eat a good lunch and a good dinner.

A friend of mine shifted from eating small equally dispersed meals throughout the day to this IF routine, and he has been able to trim up. He was already in good shape, but this helped him lose those stubborn pounds you are referring to. I have lost 27 pounds eating this way as well.

Here are a few links to some good info on the subject.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasting-weight-loss/#axzz2PWvLJ7cb

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting/#axzz2PWvLJ7cb

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Kind of a vague answer, but as far as the best times to eat and workout, it's just going to be what's best for you personally. If you're forcing things, you probably won't stick with it for very long. I've always liked exercising early in the day, it gives me energy throughout the day plus I avoid the possibility of my workout plans getting derailed. I never eat breakfast and eat a very light lunch (like a 150 calorie wrap sandwich, or a few sushi rolls). But I eat a good size dinner and have room for a few healthy snacks afterwards. However, I know a lot of people swear by more frequent mini-meals, etc. That's just not my thing.

*Edit for grammar
  • ThinWithin2013
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses! I appreciate your time in typing it out!
    Any new tips and advice from anyone?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Hey there, justsomerando,
    Is there a reason you skip breakfast and lunch? Are you just not hungry. I am not trying to be disrespectful, I am just asking out of curiosity.

Do you find it easy to skip those meals?
    I do 20/4 IF. I'm not hungry in the morning or during the day anymore and I get to eat a huge dinner. I definitely prefer it this way.