Just joined. Could use some help and support

Options
Hello everyone. Would love to make friends. And get advice with simple weight loss plans.

Replies

• TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    welcome to the family! i'm not on "as much" as i should be - but i'm trying to take a....for life approach, and not get too stressed about things. it seems to be working so far lol - but i'm always avail. via email you're welcome to add me :)
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step!!! Feel free to add me, I am here nearly everyday!!! :) Let's do it!!!
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'd love to support you and vice versa. This is an amazing site and a fabulous tool to help in your journey to healthy and fit. Feel free to add me. :)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Set a realistic goal and eat at TDEE-20%. See here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

See if daily or weekly average works best for you. I like saving a couple hundred extra cals for drinks on Friday.

Do heavy lifting. If you are a beginner, start with stronglifts 5x5, starting strength, or new rules of lifting for women.

Do cardio only if you need more cals to eat because you're hungry. Or because you like it. Nothing more than a short walk a day is necessary to weight loss or health.

Eat 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass (see link above). The macros suggestions on here are way off

Drink at LEAST 8 glasses of water a day. Water.

Sleep 8 hours a night if at all possible.

Eat more protein, veggies, and fiber, and fewer simple carbs to feel more full.

Plan cheat days or meals if you need them. Be in control of your diet breaks instead of letting them happen to you. Either way, forgive yourself when it happens, and move on.

Take pics and measurements now. Sometimes the scale is a lyin' B****

Good luck!
  • tforshey702
    tforshey702 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Anne!

I just started the program 3 weeks ago and I've already lost 6.2 pounds by following this program. It's AWESOME!!!! I've told everyone I know about it, but no one seems to want to join me. So please feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    welcome. feel free to add me.
  • anne180lbs
    Options
    Thanks about the scale. Mine has been messing up for weeks now. And i know i have been eating well and exercising. I started looking real slender too. Didn't use it again.
  • DietJane2013
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 31 yr. old mom and like most of you, I badly need to lose weight. I'd love to meet people who are on the same boat, share experiences and maybe recipes, and just have fun!
  • jamesdean79
    Options
    :happy:
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    welcome Anne180lb! You'll be needing to change your user name very soon!!!: flowerforyou: Good luck and you are welcome to add me if I can help:smile:
  • sanjones2
    Options
    Welcome! lets do this!