strength training for beginners

Any suggestions for a good strength training/cardio video for beginners? I'm tired and the thought of moving around wears me out, but I HAVE to do something! Once I get moving, I know I will feel better...just need something to get me going :)

Replies

• ljmandelbaum
    ljmandelbaum Posts: 1 Member
    Have you check out http://hasfit.com/?
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Most videos that are "strength training" are more cardio circuits with weights and aimed at lower weights, higher reps. I htink there are some ones out there that focus less on that, but I'm not familiar. For a beginner, I'd suggest hitting the weight room (or setting one up at home) and doing 1 warm-up set and 2-3 sets of less than 8-10 reps on bench, squat, deadlift, overhead press and bent over rows.

You can also do bodyweight exericses. Checkout nerdfitness.com.
  • Hello! I am the same way but I love hulahoops. I bought this 3 lbs hulahoop in Walmart and that is how I start my exercise. I do it for 15 min, then ride my bike for 45 min, then I do the insanity for 20 (beginners) for right now. As the weeks progress, I will increase each of these exercise by 5 minutes and I also started exercise for my strenght for my inner and outer thighs, tricep, 15 each 3 repeatition.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred. Lots of strength and cardio in there. I built some mad muscles doing that one and lost inches, too.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Have you check out http://hasfit.com/?
    Just did and it looks amazing! Maybe just what I need to get started! Thank you :)
  • vicryan69
    vicryan69 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm just getting started with myfitnesspal and trying to loose weight. I have to watch what type of exercise I do because I had back surgery and now have two pins in my lower back 16 months ago. I still have a lot of pain from it. I joined our local gym and I am walking the track and am going to go to the water aerobics class. I am hoping to meet some people that belong to the gym and I can schedule times to meet and workout with them. Having a workout buddy will give me a push and encouragement. A friend of mine also suggested using an MP3 player and listening to music while I walked. That was very helpful yesterday at the gym. Wish she lived in the same town I lived in. Maybe these suggestions will be helpful for you. And never forget to ask the Lord Jesus for his help and encouragement because if you ask; it will be given. :smile: :happy: