That wonderful 1...and other victories

Options
beckyhoo
beckyhoo Posts: 34 Member
I'm not usually the type to brag, but I'm feeling a breakthrough today. And like others, if I can help motivate anyone else, I'm all for it.

Today is my weekly weigh-in and I hit the proverbial ONEderland.

I started logging on MFP on January 14th (thanks to my amazing husband, who started us on this path and has lost 64 pounds himself). SW: 235, CW: 199, GW: 140-150ish, 5' 8.5", F, 36 years old.

In addition, I realized that I have officially returned to my pre-pregnancy weight. Mind you, my son is 5 1/2 years old, so it obviously took awhile. In fact, pregnancy was my excuse to really let myself go to begin with...well, more than I already had.

Additionally in addition, I have been going through some medical stress over the past 6 or so months and started taking the dreaded weight-gain-inducing Prednisone the very same week I started counting calories here.

So I'm feeling pretty good with my success, right? But here's the thing. I wasn't as emotionally overwhelmed to see that 1 on the scale as I thought I would be. And I think I figured out why. I am truly seeing this as a journey, a lifestyle change, the way things are now. The milestones are awesome, but just a small part of it. The overall goal of being healthy is what matters and I've still got a lot of work to do. But I'm ready and willing. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm taking care of myself and THAT'S what feels good.

Replies

• jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!!!! Great job!
  • mnqi
    mnqi Posts: 36
    Options
    way to go...I can't wait to get to Onederland!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • jkdhoo
    jkdhoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Outstanding :)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your losses thus far! Keep it up. Feels great to feel good!
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I hit One-derland yesterday!!! I know the excitement you are definitely feeling... We were about the same starting weight (SW 140 CW 199 GW ~130)... Feel free to add me as a friend
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!