weight

Options
hatms
hatms Posts: 6 Member
Hi
How Often Should You Weigh Yourself & When Is The Best Time?
:smile:

Replies

• witchieboo
    witchieboo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    They say you should weigh yourself once a weight at the same time of day. For me I need to weight more often to keep on track.
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    I also believe that it's recommended that you take your weight once a week since your body weight can change from day to day. I usually jump on the scale in the morning :smile:
  • casmjones
    casmjones Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same for me--I weigh only once a week and in the morning after showering.
  • mamabisme
    mamabisme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you. Some people prefer to weigh more frequently, some less. Weight fluctuates daily so if you are likely to get discouraged if the scale isn't moving (or even goes up a bit) it's probably better to weigh less frequently. Personally, I log my weight weekly. Some do monthly. Some daily. Whatever works.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    When I first started for about the first 6-8 months or so, I only weighed myself once a month. I didn't want to become obsessed with the scale. It also helped me slowly adjust to my new habits. When I yo-yo dieted before, I was weighing myself once a week, once a day sometimes even twice a day, and I became easily discouraged with the slow or no results. Weighing myself once a month and seeing that 10 or 12 lb weight loss gave me the right motivation.

After that I switched to once every 2 weeks.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    how often is really up to you but for most people, your weight can fluctuate up to 5-8lbs within a single day. My suggestion, pick a day/time and be consistent, this will give you best results. I usually weigh myself in the morning before I shower a couple times a week, but I update my weight on here every Wednesday.
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Depends...I would start at once a week. However, if you are exercising regularly and then start to see that you are not losing weight or that you are slowly gaining weight (which sounds crazy, but does happen) I would stop weighing every week. I would do it every other or even every 3 weeks. Otherwise, it gets very discouraging when you don't see that scale moving in the right direction.

For example, most people can gain weight periodically when working out. Especially, when it is strength training. Howevr, I will tell you that when I did Insanity (which is mostly Cardio) I even went through a span of 3 weeks where I either gained a couple lbs or lost Nothing. It was discouraging, so after that I didn't weigh myself every week.

Make sure when you do weigh yourself to do it right after you wake up after you have you used the restroom.

Good Luck!
  • pilarter
    pilarter Posts: 49
    Options
    Scales is a nightmare. I weigh myself daily, and sometimes several times a day, just to check how every little activity has an influence. Weigh after going to the restroom is 1 pound below the weigh before. 1 pound higher after breakfast. 2 pounds lower after workout.
    The good moment to weigh yourself is right when you get up after going to the restroom. Once every 2 weeks is enough in my opinion, specially when you have been dieting and workingout for some time and you are about to achieve your goals and the loss is slower.
    The truth is that I only register my weigh here when I see a loss, so I don´t get discouraged.
    Lately my option has been forgetting about the scales and turning to metric tape. I lose inches everywhere in a weekly basis while the weight remains the same stuck at 67.0 kg/147 lbs week after week.
  • hatms
    hatms Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys :smile: