Quick Easy Breakfast ideas

Options
Hi all,

I am starting a new job on Monday. I have worked night shift for the past year and a half and am now going to days. I work out at 6 am at least 3 days a week and will have limited time to get breakfast ready before having to leave for work. Does anyone have any ideas for quick and easy breakfasts that can be eaten on the go??

Thanks

Replies

• desertcrafty
    desertcrafty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal keeps very well in the fridge. I make a big batch at the beginning of the week. You can add milk or water to make it creamy, pop in in the microwave for a few seconds, add walnuts, raisins whatever and you're done!
  • SurferSooki
    Options
    Depends on how much you want to eat. I eat a light breakfast and found that tempeh is great - its protein as my personal trainer has recommended for breakfast and warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds. Easy.
  • massey1135
    massey1135 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Get some frozen egg patties, canadian bacon or turkey bacon, and light english muffins. Toast the muffin, micro the egg and meat, slap it together and walk out the door. Treat yourself with a slice of cheese too if you want.
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love to make a breakfast casserole on the weekends and then it is ready for the week. I have to have my meals prepared and ready ahead of time or else I "cheat".
  • gladys1975
    Options
    last weekend I made for the first time mini quiches in my muffin tins...i mixed some ham, gr onion, shredded cheese, egg salt and pepper together and poured mixture in the muffin tins..baked for 20 min @ 400. delicious and great for on the go! DOn't forget to spray your pan!
  • July_Saturday_Night_78
    Options
    My go to quick breakfast is 2 whole wheat toaster waffles with 1 tbsp of peanut butter to make a sandwich. I either put banana slices in it or I just take the banana with me. I have also found a recipe for breakfast 'cupcakes' on Pinterest. I haven't tried them but they look super easy. frozen hashbrowns on the bottom with egg, a little milk, S&P, cheese and bacon on top in a muffin tin. bake them and wha-la! you can store in fridge and pop them in the microwave to heat before walking out the door. I am going to make them this weekend and see how they go...
  • brodyek
    brodyek Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorites for quick breakfasts are:
    - 2 hard boiled eggs. Cook them Sunday night and they're ready all week. Peel your two the night before, pack them in a baggie, and eat them on your way in to work in the morning.
    - Yogurt. I've been eating the greek kind cause the protein lasts me longer. Not as easy on the go, but easy to scarf as I boot my computer up (I work at a desk).
    - Raw fruit. Can't go wrong with classic apples or bananas.