NIX DOES CROSSFIT

Options
YEAHHH BOY!

Hi everyoneeee! I am starting CrossFit this evening, and I can't wait. Using My Fitness Pal to help keep track of my food, hopefully will see some results soon!

Who does CrossFit?

I am really looking forward to becoming stronger, and just fitter in general :)

Replies

• Tamurken
    Tamurken Posts: 14
    Options
    Yo! I as well do Crossfit (though I am a month in.) Shout Out to all those who do WODs everyday! Let's get the Crossfit community together here!
  • Sabrenee009
    Options
    I CrossFit too! 5xs a week!
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Me too 4x p/week, I'm in week five and absolutely LOVE IT!!!
  • ThreeKeys_
    ThreeKeys_ Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK NIX!!!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome workout
  • Carlsky1979
    Options
    Crossfit is awesome as long as your focus on technique. I have found from experience that when I get tired and let my form go to ****, then I end up injuring myself.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Hiya - there is a group on here (Crossfit Love) that many of us belong to.
    I love it and am addicted to it!
  • goldstargeek
    goldstargeek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started March 4th of last month and love it. I love that it will remain a hard challenge no matter what level of fitness a person is at. After a couple of weeks the comradery really starts to kick in and make it so much more than a work out.

Ive also started eating Paleo about 95% of the time... Im just going to go all in and see what parts of what work for me. Honestly the combination of the two are working exactly as I was told but reluctant to believe :)
  • NixLifts
    NixLifts Posts: 4
    Options
    Awesome stuff! I went Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Taking today as my rest day, and back tomorrow and Saturday morning. I can feel myself getting addicted to it! :)

I did try cutting back my oats and rice before I started CrossFit, but I was getting sick, always full up with a cold, so I don't think I can do Paleo just yet. I'm going to see how I get on within this first month with my diet etc, and then re-evaluate! Glad it's working for you though, that's great!

I'll check out that CrossFit group now, thanks!
  • goldstargeek
    Options
    Listen to your body...Paleo diet might not be right for you. whatever "diet" you choose treat it more like an eating "plan". i like to have a plan each day. find a 'plan' that makes you feel good. you will need carbs and calories to work out. Dont try to make things happen too fast....thats when people get into unhealthy habits or hurt themselves and/or give up. :) Good luck and keep us posted!

Also I find I shed weight on days I do not work out. Ive tracked this pretty closely during my lifetime (played lots of sports etc). So make sure you are not over-exercising. I do crossfit 4 days a week....then I do a long slow walk 1 day a week. The other two I dont work out at all.... Try to get lots of sleep too! Also, that much working out at that intensity, get massages! You have to treat your body like an athlete and maintain it very closely.
  • Tamurken
    Tamurken Posts: 14
    Options
    Anybody else get that weird message from Heath_girl to not to Crossfit? Seemed like spam or a virus trying to make me go to a link! I didn't click it!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I think I'm doing 13.5 with three different boxes competing
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do CrossFit! LOVE it.

If you search under groups for "CrossFit Love" there is a whole group too :)
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Anybody else get that weird message from Heath_girl to not to Crossfit? Seemed like spam or a virus trying to make me go to a link! I didn't click it!

^^^ No, she's a real user. She hates CrossFit but has never actually tried it. I feel quite bad for her. I am sure she will find her way onto this thread. She always does.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I crossfit and love it. I'm more fit now than I was as a college athlete. Crossfit is awesome.
  • goldstargeek
    Options

Yup I did too. Deleted it.
  • NixLifts
    NixLifts Posts: 4
    Options
    I had it too! Made me laugh a little to be honest. Trolololol!
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    I do crossfit, i ****ing suck at it, but i guess thats why i love it.
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My thirteen year old daughter and I started CrossFit together mid-January. We weigh at the beginning of the month, and measure on the 1st and 15th. We have each lost 20 pounds so far, and have each lost over ten inches. We had just started three times per week. This week I made it four times. I know I look ridiculous. But I feel healthier and more energetic and so much happier. I still have a LOOOOONG way to go!
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My thirteen year old daughter and I started CrossFit together mid-January. We weigh at the beginning of the month, and measure on the 1st and 15th. We have each lost 20 pounds so far, and have each lost over ten inches. We had just started three times per week. This week I made it four times. I know I look ridiculous. But I feel healthier and more energetic and so much happier. I still have a LOOOOONG way to go!

Congratulations! Good for you and your daughter and I'm pretty sure you don't look ridiculous. Just willing to try and sticking with it is enough to make you feel proud. Keep it up!!!!