LEvel 2 day 6 30 Day Shred, and NO weight loss

Options
Unfortunately, i lost my beginning measurements, but i know i haven't lost a single pound, and if i have lost inches it's been minimal, anyone else experience this? any suggestions?

Replies

• cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    You probably are losing inches. Maybe try increasing your weights? Also diet is everything. I've been doing 30DS for almost a week now + strength training and I've lost 1 pound. I've heard you build muscle first then start to lose the fat. Not sure if it's true.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Level1 day 9, gained one pound, no change in measurements. Feel like I'm getting stronger, but yeah, isn't it disappointing? Read some people didn't see any changes until the 3 level.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose weight on the scale until the third level.. inches also weren't lost until the start of L3. Just be patient
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Me too... you're not alone! :( I'm on day L2D6 with no weight / inches lost (although I'm feeling slimmer). This is the point where I've thrown in the towel in the past. But I have seen the posts where the change happens for some in L3. I guess by that time the body accepts the routine and "gives in". That's what's keeping me going!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The big question: how are your eating habits? Exercising won't do *kitten* when you don't eat right. Simple as that.
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Took a quick look at your diary and id say you could eat a little more. You are barly consuming 1200 on most days and if you excerise on top of that your body just needs a little more fuel or its going to fight to keep what it has.

.jd
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I know where you'r comming from, no results here yet ( level 2 day 6)
    Just the lbs a week like i did before, and nothing in measurements.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 of level 3 and I have not lost a pound, either. I think I may have lost inches, but I won't know until it's all over and I re-measure. I don't know about you, but the last time I lost weight was when I was 22 and drinking beer and coffee, while hardly eating. I can't do that anymore, but it seems like I'm doomed to weigh this much forever. But anyway, 30DS is a great workout and you should definitely keep it up. Good luck to you! Oh, and if you want, join our group, Ripped in April, for people who are doing that DVD after we finish 30DS.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lb and a boatload of inches during 60 days of shred at 1500 to 1600 minimum. 1200 is too low, exercise or not. I made this mistake myself and my weight didn't budge.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have done 30 ds 3 times and i have NEVER lost any weight doing it, only inches!
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    When I wear my bodymedia doing 30 day shred, I barely burn 200 calories and that is if I bust my hump the whole 20 min. I get stronger but all my weight loss has to come from my diet (I believe the instructions state to use her diet along with it; which is your run of the mill eating plan). I believe this is the true intention of the program.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I lost lots of inches on my chest and hips doing the first two levels of 30DS, but no real weight loss.
  • jrsnyder95
    jrsnyder95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    does anyone know if it matters how long it takes you to complete? for example, i've been working out at the gym this week, but i haven't done the shred since sunday? does that matter??
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    As it is "30 Day Shred" with 3 levels...I would assume that each level is completed 10x...or 10 days. If you want to get "shredded" in 30 days, then I would assume you would need to do it for 30 consecutive days...or you could do it every other day and have a "60 day shred". I dont think there are any rules to it.
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know that not a lot of guys do 30ds, but I'm 10 days in, I've only taken one rest day, just finished level one, moving to two today.
    I weigh every day, or nearly every day, so I know I will see fluctuations.
    Since I've started 30ds, I haven't lost any weight, in fact, I've gained about 1/2 pound, but my body fat percentage has dropped 1.5%. So I must be losing fat, but gaining lean mass. I hope the rest of the program continues that pattern!
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Lower your carb intake
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am only on day 5 but I have actually gained a little over 2 pounds. I am going to just keep on trucking through this. I honestly don't care about the number on the scale, I really want to see a difference in my shape more than anything. Pictures and measurements are going to be important in this challenge I think :) Stick with it!
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I was spot on with diet and the program…and I didn't see results until day 23, level 3!

I felt stronger and my pants were a bit looser, but the scale didn't budge until halfway through level 3.

In the end, I was down 5lbs from the beginning, as well as 2" each off my waist and hips, and 1" off my arms and thighs.

Hang in there…eat well, and you'll get the results!!!
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Take pictures! I just finished up Week 6 of Body Revolution and lost very little weight (2-3 pounds) but the difference in the pictures is obvious. I've also had to buy new work pants, so I know it's working somewhere even if it isn't showing up on the scale.
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Today will be Day 5, Level 3 for me. I've been pretty consistent with it, I've only missed a day or two in between, but made it up as needed. Both weight loss and inches lost has been slow, but it's been happening. I'm sure food intake plays some role in it, especially if you're not eating enough calories. But I would say stick with it. The last time I did a workout that was this intense, I didn't see ANY weight loss until it was all over. Then the pounds dropped off afterwards, so that might be the case with you. Be encouraged!