When You Have a Bad day...bad food!

Options
I justed wanted to tell you (who had a bad day today) to hang in there. I'm having a bad day and I'm not sure why. I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and I need to tell myself to hang in there. Days like these try to lead me to bad food. I'm sure someone else might be feeling like this today. For those of you who are affected by co-worker's negative attitude, rude people, or if you tend to be a doormat, don't let that ruin your hardwork. After 4 months of trying to eat right and workout, I now feel like I'm hitting head on the wall. I'm motivated to keep going, but the temptation of grabbing bad food is calling my name. I have quit smoking last Aug., diet coke, sweets and biting my nails! What's left to do on bad days like these!? Be bad and eat bad food? I guess Workout. Now I understand people when they say "get that aggression out and burn those calories!" Tomorrow is a new day and it will be Friday.
What do you do when you have a bad day?

Replies

• dee_sea_tea
    dee_sea_tea Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing, burns a ton of calories AND aggression
  • missyfoo7
    missyfoo7 Posts: 6
    Options
    I eat when I have a bad day too, like today. And then later, I feel worse. I wish I could be one of those people who just run when they get upset. I'm working on it.
  • p8ntballa00
    Options
    I do martial arts when im uspet. Or bored. I love to spar and fight. It burns tons of calories. My old sensei had a saying when we used to take our shoes off to train. He used to say "Leave your problems in your shoes" That meant, train and dont worry about whats happening with anything else. But it dosent have to be MA, It could be running or something like that.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have def not been on track for the past few days. I have worked out a lot to make up for my bad choices, but I can't help but think how much ahead I could've been if I wouldn't have gone through those drive thrus.

NO BEATING MYSELF UP!!! Tomorrow is another day and , God willing, I will have many more!
  • neglet
    neglet Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree, martial arts or boxing are a great outlet when you're feeling frustrated or blue ... going to tae kwon do class and kicking a bag or practicing takedowns always puts a smile on my face. If you can't afford to join a martial arts program, get a punching bag and start there.
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Oh, I was SOO there today!!! I had a horrible day... like one of those where everything you touch turns to crap kinda days... so when I gto home, I slammed some pots and pans around in the kitchen while making dinner... then I went for a very brisk 30 minute walk... helped a little. Think I need a punching bag!!

Hope our Friday is MUCH better!! :flowerforyou:
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    I also do tae kwon do. I've been doing it since March and love it. Really look forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays.
  • Fredder15
    Fredder15 Posts: 21
    Options
    I so feel your pain! Bad days are the worst for my diet. I could be at a BBQ or party surrounded by yummy, tempting food and resist cheating far more easily than I could after a bad day even if all I have to binge on is junk i only half like.

When I have bad days what I try to do to instead of stress-eating is to be around my dogs. Channeling your frustrations into exercise is great, but when your mind simply will not calm down enough for that I have found that being with an animal (dogs especially) always helps to ease out the bad of the day and refresh my patience and positivity. I may be bias because I am an animal lover through and through, but pets just have this calming nature to them that always helps me. Play fetch, work on new tricks, or simply scratch their ears for a while.

I hope this helps!! Good luck! :smile:
  • Binki
    Binki Posts: 13
    Options
    Pets do help to get you out of bad mood. I ended up doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, level 1 and 2, which made me feel better. I need to look into getting a punching bag! I don't usually write blogs, but I have to admit that it helped and I didn't give into "bad food."
    Thanks everyone for the support!