Turbo Fire not much results

Options
Hi everyone...I'm a little burnt out...I did the turbo fire for 90 days now and have not lost any weight, nor do my clothes fit me any better. I consume about 1300-1400 cal/day. I weigh about 175lbs. SO discouraged. I mean I put my ALLLLLLL into this program and worked like a beast, sweated like a hog... just can't believe no results. Maybe after 40 is really true...it's harder to lose any weight. NO JUNK FOOD ..etc... HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Saskrunner53
    Saskrunner53 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!! Once 40 comes it is so hard. I hit these dry spells with nothing happening! Good luck. I have cut grains and sugar from my diet. That has worked so far!
  • MandyPhoe
    MandyPhoe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey AnbayRN, I am no expert but have you at least noticed a change in fitness endurance? I have a strong suspicion that your body may have converted fat into muscle, thats why you haven't seen the weight change. Perhaps speak with a nutritionist/ doctor about this?
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have not done turbo fire; but it's a beachbody product and if it's anything like P90X or Insanity; 1300-1400 cals a day was not enough food to fuel those workouts.... maybe that was the problem? Did you look at the nutrition plan they provided with the DVD's?
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue last year. I was doing alot of weight training and I was pretty defined. Then I chose to do TurboFire. I actually lost a lot of muscle mass and was disappointed. But what I realized later was that I gained alot in cardio endurance and I probably lost muscle mass because I wasn't eating enough/enough protein. But I do wish I mixed days of TF with weights so I didn't lose the muscle...not sure if I would TF again. Perhaps a more "muscle" program like Insanity. But I'm considering learning how to lift heavy so I'm going to check that out first I think.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have not done turbo fire; but it's a beachbody product and if it's anything like P90X or Insanity; 1300-1400 cals a day was not enough food to fuel those workouts.... maybe that was the problem? Did you look at the nutrition plan they provided with the DVD's?

This. I did the same - was doing Insanity for about 5 weeks until an injury with nearly no weight loss. I was eating probably 1500-1600 calories a day and burned my guess at least 500 calories per workout. That would net me 1000-1100 per day. Realizing now that is far too little - slows down your metabolism.
  • EazyEray
    EazyEray Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi everyone...I'm a little burnt out...I did the turbo fire for 90 days now and have not lost any weight, nor do my clothes fit me any better. I consume about 1300-1400 cal/day. I weigh about 175lbs. SO discouraged. I mean I put my ALLLLLLL into this program and worked like a beast, sweated like a hog... just can't believe no results. Maybe after 40 is really true...it's harder to lose any weight. NO JUNK FOOD ..etc... HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm almost finished with Power 90 and have been very strict w/the nutrition as well and have had great results. I would be happy to help.
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I completed turbo fire and got some toning but seems like your caloric intake was a little low mine was 1800 -2000 for turbo fire.. how is your nutrtion? Ive done many BB programs and am on day 3 of P90x because I did turbo and combat and thought I had to switch it up totally different workouts sometiems your body gets used to same working out. I am 47 and have gone from 14/16 to size 4 you can do it..
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    def true if you dont have enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and starts to store fat..
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    I am going to have to disagree with the body goes into starvation mode "theories." Are you sure you accounted for all the calories consumed, as most people tend to neglect calories consumed from liquids? Also, have you had your body fat tested? As muscle weighs more than fat; however, you did say your clothes don't fit any better.
    I know from my mom's perspective, that your metabolism does tend to slow down some with age and what she has found to work is consuming a little coffee or sugar free red bull in the morning and the p90x program.
    I would say please don't be discouraged and possibly a stimulant in the morning before the workout may help speed up the slowed metabolism. Assuming you are not overly sensitive to caffeine. Best of luck and the weight will come off soon with hard work, I promise you!!! :)
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'd say, "keep going!" , don't give up now! I'm 44. I started the gym last January at around 212 pounds, firstly cardio, then adding strength with cardio.
    I remember being disheartened for months but after 6 months I started to see changes and by 9 months others were starting to notice. 15 months later and I get alot of nice comments, have lost 29 pounds, 7 inches from my waist and tummy and hips.
    I kept my calorie intake between 1800 and 2200 mostly.
    Be patient and consistent with your efforts, don't give up because of age, changes will come eventually!