Seriously amazing brussels sprouts

Options
Annie120484
Annie120484 Posts: 44 Member
This side dish is crazy good, like trick people into thinking you went to culinary school good:

Saute one or two slices bacon (I used thick cut maple bacon from natural foods store), remove from pan (drain some of the juices)
Throw in some diced onion and a bag of Trader Joes shaved brussels sprouts (or 3ish cups chopped sprouts)
Cover with lid and let sprouts soften about 10/15 min
Toss with bacon, a tiny pinch of salt and pepper and the lightest drizzle (like one tablespoon) of good quality maple syrup
Serve hot!

This is OMG good and really easy, hope you like!

Replies

• skinnylullaby
    skinnylullaby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    those sound ahmazing! my aunt does them in a honey glaze(: soooooo good
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Love em with some horseradish mixed in too.
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    Try this sometime. Roll each sprout in a lean rasher (small) of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Bake in the oven when roasting (oven baking) other vegetables.
  • eddierichardson73
    eddierichardson73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had Brussels sprouts tonight. This sounds great am going to try. Thank you!:smile:
  • harmanee2000
    harmanee2000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump! LOVE LOVE LOVE Brussels Sprouts. Chicken stock, olive oil, pine nuts, salt, and pepper is how I typically make them. So nummy!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Do you dice up the bacon before cooking? I can't quite picture what this looks like with strips of bacaon. But, maybe it would be a way I could eat the brussel sprouts....I've tried them a few ways and never liked them. Thanks.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    you've stumble on a great secret, adding bacon to anything.... takes the dish to new heights.

try it with cabbage too.

or the next time you make a steak dish, add some thick cut bacon to it. absolutely amazing.

1inch bite size sirloin steak, equal parts of thick cut bacon, oven roasted tomatoes, lots of onions, garlic, 1 chopped jalapeno.

served on a warm flour tortilla
  • Annie120484
    Annie120484 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes I diced it!