Starting 30 Day Shred.. any guys or gals want to join?! :)

Options
Title says it all! The videos are free on youtube. All you need are some 3lb dumbbells to start with. (I'll work my way up to the 5lb dumbbells on level 2 or 3)

I have read a TON of reviews from women my size (around 250lbs) that have gotten fantastic results. While they only lost 5-10lbs they lost about 1-2" from almost all areas on their body! The program is supposed to be done 30 days straight, no rest days. There are 3 levels, 10 days on each one. Each workout is supposed to take about 30 minutes. (I have read stories from women that found level 2 to be too difficult after 10 days so they stuck with level 1 until they were able to move on to level 2, etc. I have no issues with that... as I am not sure what my strength level for this type of workout plan will be)

I would really love to find some more women (or men!) to do this with me, and encourage/support each other! I would also like to find people who are wanting to share before and after pictures, since if we do it right, we should be able to see a difference! :)

Add me if you wanna start with me!

You know you've always wanted tone/definition to your body.... why wait?! :D

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Adding You! I'm starting Monday
  • funnylida87
    Options
    I'll join you! I have the DVD.
  • nathanpmi
    Options
    I'll check out the videos on youtube today. Maybe modify, but I'd like to push myself harder for the next 30 days.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    im on day 4 :),...its no joke, but getting a lil easier! i have taken before, pics, will take some after. I am also going to try to go the 30 days strait. i weigh 168 currently! I can feel a little bit of a difference already. im using 5lb weights instead of 3 though and taking power walks for extra exercise. would love more partners!
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you may want to think about joining a group on here, there are 2 I know of 1) called "30 day shred" and the other is 30 day shred April beginners. great place to dish about workouts and ask for advice if needed. anyone feel free to add me I just finished L1 Day 4. Good luck shredding all :happy:
  • andieellengreen
    andieellengreen Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im starting on Monday, will add you :)
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I completed day one of level one! Only had to take two 5 second breathers, which was better than I expected. I used the 3lb dumbbells today but might use my 5lb ones tomorrow. I didn't feel the burn in my arms much. I'm sore, but I can't wait to feel it tomorrow.
  • thelawwon
    thelawwon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think jillian michaels is trying to kill me! :laugh: day 4 is tomorrow...ugh...

I'm only doing it weekdays, but feel free to add me if you want!

I made it through L1D1 months ago...barely...knees shaking, wanting to vomit, drenched in sweat...just the one day, and I didn't come back till this week.

This time seems less bad, and I've made it through 3 days in a row! We can do this! I still take some 3 second breaks, I cuss at the screen, but I don't need breaks in the cardio bits as of today!

I am, however, walking like a duck every day after because of the soreness. :blushing:
  • biainny
    biainny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I am so glad I found a newer group that wants to do the Shred! I will look into tomorrow to see if i find on you tube! I am a member here for awhile, but just now really getting to use it. You need weights from the start up?

BTW, does someone knows how to adjust the weight tracker? Mine doesnt show the differences. Also feel free to add me and if someone will answer this, feel free to send a private message in order for this topic dont get off topic
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    I am part of the 30 day shred group and there is a forum on here... we all started on April 1st.
    I have tried this dvd a long time ago and never made it the whole 30 days, but I am determined to do it for 30 days this time.

I missed day 3... so today I made myself do it twice (day 3 & day 4) so now I am very sore, but I can say that it feels like it is getting a little bit easier... just a little but that is a good accomplishment.

I started mfp around your weight range and have a long way to go, so I'm hoping 30 day shred helps me with the inches because I haven't paid much attention to my inches just my weight.

Feel free to add me anyone who is doing this dvd or needs motivation.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I too am currently doing the 30DS - I did my 3rd level one yesterday. Just a quick note -> its NOT actually meant to be done 30 days in a row with no breaks.... The trainer, Jillian has said you should always have a rest day a week (which makes a ton of sense your body needs time to recover and actually build muscle).
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the shred - am on day 4 today, feel free to add me. Yesterday I think was the worst day for me - today I don't feel so sore so it IS doing something. I feel less wobbly for sure :)

Keep it up guys! :)
  • samanthajade124
    Options
    I saw the other groups and have added a few people from those threads. But since we have different start dates I figured I'd post my own thread :)
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Adding you, I started today!!
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    I'm on day 5 atm - this is not for the faint hearted! I've never made it to Level 3 - I'd like to join and add me guys :-) x
  • XjXannX
    XjXannX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i started on monday! can i join?
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 of Level 2 but you are more than welcome to add me if you want!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I just started today as well. L1D1.
  • SunshineGirl140
    SunshineGirl140 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll start today, too!
  • samanthajade124
    Options
    the more the merrier!! All are welcome. Even if you started a few days ago, or if you plan to start next week! the more support we have the less likely we are to give up or fail :)