Hydroxycut Hardcore

Options
Has anyone ever used products like Hydroxycut Hardcore or other fat burners? I have a low body fat %, but there's a layer of fat on my belly that just lingers and refuses to leave. I'm on P90x and I've been seeing results in that I'm stronger, fitter and feel better overall, but this layer of fat is really chewing at me..

I've never believed in fat burner supplements, so I'm looking for both the good and the bad reviews from anyone who has tried it.

Thanks!

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know the answer to this also
  • I was taking hydroxycut it gave me energy but that's about it didn't see many results with it .. they have one called relecore it is for belly fat not sure if it is just for women but You can look into it..My husband lost over 100 pounds and is having the same problem one small area on his stomach that won't go away .. good luck!!!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'd stay away from using any type of diet pill.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This article might interest you. It's from 2009.

More Weight-Loss Supplements Banned by the FDA

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has found more tainted and dangerous weight loss dietary supplements.

Since millions of overweight or obese Americans are desperate to find a pain-free way to lose weight, it is not surprising that unscrupulous companies have seized the opportunity to make millions by promoting worthless, and even dangerous, weight loss products to unwary consumers

Late in April, the FDA issued a warning to consumers to stop taking the Hydoxycut line of weight loss products, which have been associated with a number of serious adverse effects including liver and kidney failure. Hydroxycut products are probably the best known weight loss supplements and are sold in national chain stores including GNC and Vitamin Shoppe as pills, drinks, and powders. They are promoted as a way to increase energy, burn calories, and control appetite. Although the manufacturer, Iovate Health Services, has voluntarily withdrawn 14 products, the FDA urges consumers who have already purchased them to throw them away.

It is encouraging that the FDA is finally showing some teeth in dealing with tainted and dangerous supplements as well as with false advertising.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I've used Hydroxycut. It did increase my energy level, but I didn't lose anyweight. I've got 2 kids and also have the problem with that small layer of fat below my bellybutton. :*( Sucks. If you find something that works, let me know. I'm up for anything at this point!
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Some people say this work out zumba works it apparently works your whole body and it especially works your stomach. They guarantee that if you use the program for 10 days you will go down a dress size. You might want to look into that.
  • kcampbell111
    Options
    I have tried several Hydroxycut products in the past and none of them worked. I felt more energetic, and I felt like I was losing pounds, but once I quit, I felt bloated a lot.

I would stay away in general...there are plenty of ways blast belly fat!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I don't see how any diet pill is supposed to get rid of belly fat period. I don't see how any diet can get rid of belly fat period.
    I would think the only way to get rid of belly fat is old fashioned exercise to lose fat all around your body and sometimes no matter how much you exercise, some people never lose their belly fat.

I would save my money, these things will probably give you energy for your workouts but it is your workout that is your only saviour to losing that belly fat.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I guess I should answer the question, yes I have tried hydroxycut before, it gave me plenty of energy for my workouts but I didnt like feeling like a crackhead, my heart was beating fast, I felt like the Hulk, I'm doing just fine without that junk.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. Noticed increased body temp (sweating more), no appetite suppression and sort of felt like I just drank 2 red bulls worth of caffeine. No noticeable fat loss here after 6 weeks. Certainly wake you up in the morning though but don't recommend using them for this! Having said that, there are a fair few good reviews on bodybuilding forums for this for losing last bit of fat. FYI I am 5"8' 158lbs and approx 10% BF.
  • robinp00
    robinp00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just a follow-up to this topic for those that are interested:

To make a long story short, don't use hydroxycut. Keep your money.

The new formula is a waste of money while the old formula is dangerous to the health. Why? Well, the old formula worked, but that was only because of the ephedrine (speed) used to speed up the metabolism and heart rate. There is a great deal of negative side effects (below) associated with this drug, thus the recall. The new formula does not use ephedrine, but also shows no results according to the numerous sources I looked at while researching this. The new (safer) formula is playing off the reputation of the recalled formula, but does not actually do anything.

Possible Side Effects of Ephedra
    •nausea
    •headache; dizziness
    •irritation of the stomach; diarrhea
    •anxiety; psychosis
    •kidney stones
    •tremors
    •dry mouth
    •irregular or rapid heart rhythms; heart damage
    •high blood pressure
    •restlessness; nervousness; sleeping problems
    •decreased appetite
    •flushing; sweating
    •increased urination
    •Use of ephedra has also been associated with stroke, seizures, psychosis and death.

Ephedra (ephedrine) increases the body's metabolism while reducing it's ability to disperse heat. This greatly increasese your risk of a stroke.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bear,
    I've taken everything under the sun...literally! lol The only thing that truely worked was ephedra. That was outlawed back in 2003 I beleive. Depending on your age and health, you could give Hydroxycut a try. It worked a little for me...but gained back when I stopped. The problem is, after years of using supplements, Im at a point where I do not think the risk is worth the benefit. It's only gonna give you a boost, not change your life. It can really harm your body in the future. You do not sound like you have much to lose...what about a personal trainer? Pricey...but they know what to target!