Inner Thighs

Options
BluePHX
BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
How do you work inner thighs to really tone them up? Mine are decent from running but I wanna take it to the next level.

Replies

• prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bump! I want to know too....Squats and lunges help!
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    lay on your right side, put your left leg next to your right upper thigh, then pulse your right leg upwards. the do the same on the other side. you should feel it a lot in your inner thigh. I'm not sure what this is called but I've been doing it for about a month and can really see a difference! wide squats work too (:
  • BluePHX
    Options
    lay on your right side, put your left leg next to your right upper thigh, then pulse your right leg upwards. the do the same on the other side. you should feel it a lot in your inner thigh. I'm not sure what this is called but I've been doing it for about a month and can really see a difference! wide squats work too (:

Oooh I wanna try this! Is my left leg straight or bent? I'm trying to visualize this. [Thank you!]
  • BluePHX
    Options
    bump! I want to know too....Squats and lunges help!

I'm starting the 30 day Squat challenge tomorrow! Maybe I'll get results from this too. :)
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oooh I wanna try this! Is my left leg straight or bent? I'm trying to visualize this. [Thank you!]

bent (:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Squatz. With weights.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I find elliptical and stairmaster to help a lot.
  • MotivatedBeka3
    Options
    Good question! I've been wanting to find a workout that really works the inner thighs too .. sorry i can't be of much help :p Hope you can find a good answer :)
  • JezziedotM
    JezziedotM Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Some gyms have a machine called a thigh adductor. You sit in a chair with your legs spread and push them in til they're together...

That was a terrible description of the machine, lol!
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs dvd!:smile:
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    squats - wider legs making sure knees are pushing out not caving in.
    lunges with good form - no leaning forward and tighten glutes
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I find that wide squats with your feet turned out really works those inner thighs.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Squatz. With weights.
    ^This.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info...
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    2 options:

1) reduce bf% to the point of amenorrhea (not advised)

2) make the muscles bigger so fat/skin drape over them differently & things look more solid & leaner. Plus reduce bf to some % where TOM can still happen.

It's hard to get much mass in the adductors at all, much easier to gain mass in quads & hams. Quads *should* be a bit stronger than hams bc that's better for balance from a biomechanical/health POV. If you prefer a more traditional/stereotypical 'feminine' look, though, VERY big quads might feel 'manly'.

Solution: do more ham/glute work (quads will work anyway w/ running, plus they're covered if you at least do squats. & they work as assistance muscles w/ the more hammie exercises).

Exercises: Deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, one-legged RDLs; step-ups, split squats, reverse lunges (forward ones are more quad-y), glute-ham raise. Check out the exrx exercise directory.

For bonus pop in the glutes: weighted hip thrusts & bridges (see Bret Contreras' blog).
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Squats with toes pointed out are great also try getting a box loading it with some weight and kicking it along the room (leg coming across your body), you can add as much weight as you are comfortable with hope this helps
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I do the side leg lift thing but the lifted leg is straight. I also use an ankle weight for this. Weighted plies are great too. Love those!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Some gyms have a machine called a thigh adductor. You sit in a chair with your legs spread and push them in til they're together...

That was a terrible description of the machine, lol!

Sounds pretty clear to me. You forgot the second half of the machine where you flip a switch and instead of pushing your legs apart against resistance from seated, you pull them together, though. I like that machine.

Another suggestion is anything that means you crossing one leg in front or behind the other. So dancing, soccer, that kind of thing.
    Moving against water is good, too.
  • pengar1953
    pengar1953 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs dvd!

Gotta try this....currently doing Leslie Sansone's Power firm
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    What do you want to do there? Add muscle? Or lose fat? If it's adding muscle, then basic lower body exercises with a lot of weight. Lunge progressions with heavy weight help the best. If it's losing fat, then diet is what's key.