insanity and aching calfs

Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
On day 3 of insanity and my calf muscle s are killing wen I walk.
Plus a gain of 3lb. Will this settle down.

Replies

• wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Muscles suck in a lot of water when they are taken to the next level. Most insanity weight loss is in the second month.
  • AmerH
    AmerH Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I did Insanity, my calves also killed me during the first few days! Hang in there, it gets better. It's a great workout.

Are you following the meal plan they send with the workout? I didn't follow it exactly, but I did break down 1500 calories into four meals a day and I lost weight very quickly -- it was fantastic. But we all are different and I just couldn't keep up with the intense workouts coupled with everything else I do. But you might want to try breaking your calories down into four or five smaller meals a day like the Insanity workout suggests (they actually say five meals a day) to see if that helps. I actually did supplement a protein shake in place of a mini meal, too, so that might help you also.

Good Luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    On day 3 of insanity and my calf muscle s are killing wen I walk.
    Plus a gain of 3lb. Will this settle down.

i put on 5lbs the first couple of weeks of insanity.... at the end of month 1 i had an overall gain of 2lbs from when i started, but i have lost bodyfat so i dont care what the scale says!
  • simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of Insanity - the first 3 or 4 days were killer, muscle soreness all over. After the first 5 days, it went (or I didn't notice it any more because of the exhaustion!!!).