Do you eat exercise calories back? are you successful?

Options
Hmm i eat them back, wondering if people are losing and doing this! x

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    You should eat them back.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I don't as I am eating at approx TDEE minus 20% and my TDEE takes in to account my activity level. However if you are following MFP calorie guidelines then the deficit to lose weight is already built in, so you can eat your calories back and lose weight.

I know some people who use the exercise calculator in MFP rather than a heart rate monitor for calories burned and they might only eat 80% of their exercise calories back as sometimes it can be very general and may over-estimate the calories burned.

But basically yeah, if you eat your MFP calories and your exercise calories you will lose weight.
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I ate 50 percent exercise calories using MFP. i now just take a deficit from my TDEE using my fitbit and HRM for exercise - to be honest numbers work out about the same but being a techie........
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yep - lost my first 100lbs eating at least 50% of my exercise cals back - now even more :-)
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I eat all of my calories back and yes, I seem to be doing well at the moment (and I am in my last few pounds now)
  • SAMC1989
    SAMC1989 Posts: 32
    Options
    Cheers guys! i have a deficit built into my cals anyhow so i guess i should eat up huh?x
  • SAMC1989
    SAMC1989 Posts: 32
    Options
    WELL DONE YOU!! Excellent achievment!! xx
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Yes and no more so depends if i'm hungry or not. But i do eat some of them, I'm more concerned with the macro nutrients then the you must eat your calories.

So far eating at around 1450-2000 regardless of exercise or not and i've been losing around 1kilo week in the past nearly 6 weeks,

During exercise i burn around 800 an hour depending on what i do at the gym