3 months in and I'm seeing some results!

Options
As some of you may have seen DoImakeyourandys success story thus far, he's is doing a great job and awesome motivation for me. We go to the gym at least 5 days a week. Starting at the beginning of this year (We won't count the 2 weeks in December simply for the fact that it was terrifying how out of shape we both were). So since January we have been committed to this 100%.

My goal starting off was simply based on cardio, however things have changed since then. I am still chasing my running goal which is 500 miles in a year. I am currently at 164 miles with 9 months to go! Since then though I have focused a lot on lifting.

I was sick of people always joking around and poking fun at me of "Oh you have man boobs", it may not seem like that big of a deal but it always really got to me and brought my confidence down a lot. The only excuse I had was that it was the way I was "Built" but the reality was that I didn't exercise and my eating habits were terrible.

Well, anyway I'm not a 100% there, but I'm proud of how far I've come and I look forward too the next 9 months!

I don't have much of a before picture as I wasn't really thinking about it but here we go.

Before:

Thebeginning.jpg

About a month ago

Gettinthere.jpg

sideshot.jpg

and today!

Almostthere_zps10a76d44.jpg

I'm feeling good and a lot more confident!

Replies

• MightyWarturtle
    Options
    Technical difficulties with photographs... one moment.
  • RandyGruber
    Options
    Awesome to see the progress man.You can really see the definition in your stomach/abs. Glad to have you there for support, we'll get to our goals, it all takes time and hard work.
  • MightyWarturtle
    Options
    Awesome to see the progress man.You can really see the definition in your stomach/abs. Glad to have you there for support, we'll get to our goals, it all takes time and hard work.

Thanks man!

P.S. I dare you to hit on that girl at the gym tomorrow.
  • RandyGruber
    Options
    Which one?
  • MightyWarturtle
    Options
    Which one?

Doesn't matter.
  • Leo_gosh
    Leo_gosh Posts: 40
    Options
    Cool keep it up man
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    grate job
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow - great progress!!! I bet your friends have stopped teasing you now!!! :bigsmile:
  • MightyWarturtle
    Options
    Thank you!
  • MightyWarturtle
    Options
    Wow - great progress!!! I bet your friends have stopped teasing you now!!! :bigsmile:

Thank you very much! They have actually, I haven't heard one remark. Silence the critics and stride on! Although I'll always strongly believe we are our own biggest critics, its nice to prove to people you have what it takes!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Props!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You can do anything youset your mind too! You just proved it! =)
  • MightyWarturtle
    Options
    Thank you again! If anyone would like to add me I could use some friends on here for encouragement or advice. I also love encouraging others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!