Protein supplement for losing weight.

Options
Hi everyone I'm just wondering if it would be a good thing to do to replace my breakfasts with protein shakes (and some fruit). I have found a diet whey with these nutritional facts
Total Calories: 193
Protein: 35g
Total Carbohydrates: 6.25g
Sugars: 2.03g
Dietary Fibre: 1.5g
Fat: 3.07g
Saturates: 1.1g
Sodium: 0.19g

Im not getting near enough protein in my diet usually it gets to maybe 12 or 15% and I would like to get this higher.
When calculating in mfp my protein is over by 23g but only with the default setting thats only 98g. This is INCLUDING the whey. My total calories would roughly be around 1500 with a normal days eating around it.. Sorry if im being vague but this is basically all I know and I just need some advice :) Thanks!

Also I weight 250lbs so I heard you need 1g per lb of body weight.. all this stuff is so confusing

Replies

• rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for weight loss I'd advise choosing one with a bit less calories for the protein.
    I use a local health store brand (I'm overseas) and the nutrition is 33g scoop vanilla whey isolate = 123 cal, 1 carb, 1 fat, 30 protein.
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    I heard that Optimum Nutrition is one of the better ones in terms of high protein/low cals. I have tried the double rich chocolate one (I mix with almond milk) and it's yummy.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    All you need to lose weight is...............

Eat at a sensible deficit
    Move more

Don't make the mistake of making it more complicated. :drinker:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    All you need to lose weight is...............

Eat at a sensible deficit
    Move more

Don't make the mistake of making it more complicated. :drinker:

This.

Protein shakes are a great way of supplementing needed protein in your diet but there's no significant benefit to them.
  • treasaod
    treasaod Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the reply guys :) Im thinking about just introducing it lightly into my diet purely because my protein levels are so low.