Hi, Im from the Uk...just to say Hello!

Options
pinkwizz
pinkwizz Posts: 29 Member
Hi Guys,
Im 27 and from yorkshire and got weighed last week and realised I weighed more than I ever have before! Shocking! So downloaded the iphone app and seriously its changed the way I eat, if you know you have to log your food its much easier to say no!

Anyone got any good excercise tips for a busy girl? x

Replies

• MissMaz
    MissMaz Posts: 92
    Options
    Hi and welcome from another one in the UK (East Mids) :) I'm horrible on the exercise front, but I've found the Wii sports active is good, or if you've got Sky on fitnesstv there are 20-30 minute workouts that change everyday...I get bored easily *L* Hope you find the motivation and support you're looking for!
  • pinkwizz
    Options
    Thank you so much, yeah I get bored easily too! I have a wii that is say getting dusty so I must try it out! Ill try the fitness tv channel too, that may be just what i need!! x x
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    hey im from the UK to so thought id stop by and say hi :) i joined today so just started the weight loss thing but sure this site will help us all :)
  • NicolaGoodyear
    Options
    hiya ive only been on here a month but its great the calorie tracking tool is soo helpfull couldnt live without it now lol..only excersize advice i have is if you can get the time to get to the gym it works wonders...its changed my life..joining up was one of the best things ive ever done good luck hun! xx
  • MissMaz
    MissMaz Posts: 92
    Options
    New as well. I'm trying to use slim fast just to give me a kick start as I've got a wedding to go to in a couple weeks. If you've already got the sports active a few of us started the 30 day challenge today, there's a post over in the fitness section!
    Good luck!!
  • pinkwizz
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!

i have started thinking about the gym, i love running but im so hefty at the minute I think id break my knees! Im trying to walk two miles per day and am getting faster each time!
    I have the iphone app for this which i find invaluble! x
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! The best tip I can give you is "be patient". It's going to take some time. Be happy with all the little steps you make to reach your goal and you'll get there. Good Luck!
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am walking 2 miles per day. I have an elliptical at home that got dusted off. I worked myself up to 12 minutes/day on that. I am really out of shape. I'm trying to add a minute/day on the elliptical. I've lost 5 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I love the iPhone app. It really does make it easier to say, "No" when you have to log it in.
  • pinkwizz
    Options
    what a great bunch of people to follow your journey with! i tried slimming world but it was full of people who would talk through everything so it ended up being almost three hours long some nights!!

But im walking at the minute, 2 miles takes me about twenty five minutes, trying to get down to twenty, but the walk is such a nice one! x
  • Dietexpert
    Dietexpert Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Sheffield and I recently joined a new gym called Puregym. It's only £12.99 per month (think it's 15.99 now) but even if I only go once a week it's not breaking the bank. I have started off very gently so far as I suffered a fractured skull a few months ago and have to take it easy for a while but you see all shapes and sizes, plus the one thing everyone does have in common is wanting to get/stay fit.
    I know it's not easy at all to lose weight and after 30 years of dieting and having food issues as well as other health issues I opted for weightloss surgery. However I have now stalled and am having to make more effort now, hence me counting calories. I find this the easiest way for me. In the past I have tried WW, SW, Atkins.....all to no avail, but so far this site and logging everything I eat and counting the cals has really helped me stay in control despite falling off the wagon a couple if times. I think you will get loads of support here as everyone is in the same boat. Good luck, Helen x
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    hey hey and welcome. Your find everyone is very lovely on here and alway helps so much to have people to talk to.
    I'm from the UK too and if you need any motivation or someone to lend a little advice i am only to happy to help.

Keep updated how your getting on.

James x
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Gateshead ,its a fab site and lovely people :smile:
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Hello from Oxfordshire! Once you think you can manage a bit of jogging, I'd highly recommend the C25K (couch to 5K) programme - you can get an Iphone app for it. The idea is to get you able to run 5K in baby steps - so the first week is jog a minute, walk a minute and a half for a half hour (with a warmup and cool down). So it only takes a half hour every other day and it really makes the time fly!

Because I've had knee and ankle issues in the past I'm taking it slower than suggested and repeating each week before moving on to the next one.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • niki7g
    niki7g Posts: 41
    Options
    Hello from sunny Cambridgeshire ... Welcome to MFP .. it's great on here, great people, great topics to read and good for logging everything that passes your lips! This is the only time in my forty plus years that I've continually lost, or at least stayed the same, weight.. and I love it. It's really made me realise that nearly everything has calories .. some of my discoveries have been a real eye opener to me! I go to a Rosemary Conley diet and fitness class every week, get weighed there and have a good aerobics and toning session ... then try to do something active at least five times a week .... I'm slowly getting there ... but enjoying the journey ...good luck to you ... take care xx
  • curiouscat19
    Options
    Hi and welcome from another one in the UK (East Mids) :) I'm horrible on the exercise front, but I've found the Wii sports active is good, or if you've got Sky on fitnesstv there are 20-30 minute workouts that change everyday...I get bored easily *L* Hope you find the motivation and support you're looking for!

Hi welcome to MFP (took me a while to realise what that stood for *duh*"" lol) Hope you achieve your goals and we're here to help with the journey there.

I didnt know about the SKY myfitness workout please tell me more on this and what channel etc........many thanks
  • MikeRay
    MikeRay Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I have only been here for two days myself. It has been a great tool for me, and it will help mt get to my goal. Have a good day
  • Saloule
    Saloule Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!

i have started thinking about the gym, i love running but im so hefty at the minute I think id break my knees! Im trying to walk two miles per day and am getting faster each time!
    I have the iphone app for this which i find invaluble! x

I started using the Get Running (Couch to 5k) iPhone app, so if you're looking to ease into running it really is great! I've never been big on running before but honestly since using this, I enjoy it a whole lot more! :)
  • pinkwizz
    Options
    Well ill definately try that app!! Thank you for the rec!! thanks everyone for the support we can all do this and hopefully make some good friends on the way, feel free to add me!! x x
  • DebbieMR
    DebbieMR Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I started walking about 2 years ago. Started with 1/2 hour and then 1 hour per day. I recently started running 5.5 kilometers a couple of times a week as well as walk almost every day. It becomes addictive when you see the results. I've lost 30 pounds and have a lot more energy than I have had in years. I'm 55 and if I can do it anyone can.